VIII. He made them laugh

"Chances are very high he has serious love issues going on."

This time, Ash had the Monday off. He and Misty were instead on the garden table, sitting down facing each other and sipping tea.

"I was really surprised. He raged once he heard her name."

"Like when you raged when you saw me or heard my name?"

Misty rolled her eyes. "Really, Ash? Really?"

"She could be a feminist too. Who knows? The curse runs now in the family." Ash smirked. He sipped the tea. "I feel sorry for him. Matthew, of all people... he's a good kid. I wouldn't have cared if it was Chris or Dylan or even Tony. They would have deserved it."

"That is not nice."

"Especially Chris."

Misty sighed. "Whose-"

"Yours."

Misty giggled. "I hate you."

"See? It's in the ADN now." Ash checked his phone and answered some texts. "What's her name again?"

"Hannah."

"Did you see her?"

"No. I think she was scared of seeing me or something..." Misty was used to being 'hated'. "I honestly think Matthew is still too young for a girlfriend, no?"

"I got my first at fifteen."

"Really?"

"Yes. She was a brunette. She was friend with Gary and she asked me out."

Misty laughed. She gave him a teasing look. "Those girls who come from Gary's side never make it, do they?"

Ash smiled. "You're evil."

"I'm a proud woman."

"Oh yeah? Do you want me to remind you or not?"

"No. Okay, how about a proud mother?"

"I'm not sure. Are you proud of Chris? Like, really?"

"Stop talking about my baby like that!" Misty shrugged. "He does very well at school and he's graduating this year. He may have a wandering eye but all men are like that. He likes women."

"No need to censure it. He likes s*x."

"He is my baby. Don't speak badly of him."

"I'll see if you will call him your baby when he gets that Samantha pregnant again. Does he think abortion is fun? The girl could have died."

Misty sighed. When it comes to that, she can't really keep defending Chris anymore. He's really screwed things up with that Samantha of his.

"She works. She can take care of her child. She doesn't need a irresponsible college senior guy in her life. He made her kill the kid. It's not fair—and she listened to him."

"Well, honestly, if I were her-"

Ash cut her off. "You'd have dumped him and moved on with your child. It's so obvious, even to me."

"True." Chris and Sam loved each other, Misty knew. But their love was too... dangerous. They'd be better off married.

"I never wanted any of my sons to turn out to be a complete douche but, well, at least it's two of four and not the four of them." For Ash, Dylan and Chris were the 'worst' when it comes to women. They are really troublemakers.

"We haven't seen Matthew in action yet."

"Matt will be fine." Ash patted Misty's back. They chuckled. "You said? Hannah?"

"Hannah."

"Nice name. It's announcing something, something nice."

"Isn't th-..."

Ash and Misty weren't sure why did Matthew get home this early. He was supposed to be in third period now.

"Matt? What's wrong?" The two noticed Matthew didn't really look okay. "Are you ill?"

"Can I pack my things and go spend some time with Grandma?"

Ash and Misty looked at each other. To this point? Something has to be done.

"Uhm, how about we talk first about what has been going on lately?"

Matthew remained silent.

"Can we?"

"Promise not to laugh."

...

...

"Oh, son, she doesn't hate you! At all!"

"It's so obvious she likes you!"

Ash and Misty were dying of laughter. Matthew snapped. "You promised not to laugh though!"

"Did you even hear what we said? She doesn't hate you; it's the complete opposite. She likes you, very much, apparently."

"Yeah." Misty couldn't stop laughing. "How is she like? Is she pretty?"

"M-Matthew! Come back here! We're not finished yet! Where are you going?"

Ash and Misty laughed so hard for the rest of the morning.

To be continued.