IV. He's stress-eating

They are still following me, oh God...

Hannah cleared her throat and turned around her very slightly. She caught sight of the silhouettes and quickly turned to look in front of her.

How can boys be so patient and follow a girl for twenty minutes just for the heck of following her? She's told the one who asked for her phone number that she didn't want to have anything to do with him, so why were he and his friends still following her?

"Come on, beautiful! Show some modestly!"

"I'll call you, I promise!"

Hannah presumed they were high schoolers too. They looked her age, or even older. Okay. It didn't matter. They were scaring her. They have been following her around the mall ever since she left the boutique.

"Let me carry those shopping bags for you, babe!" She wasn't sure why they were laughing. What was so funny about being so pathetic and following a girl who has refused you?

"I like the butt!"

Hannah sighed heavily. She felt like crying. If she gets in a café, they will probably just do it too and sit beside her. She tried getting inside boutiques but they followed her too.

It was one of those days when she hated being a girl.

This was traumatizing. This was traumatizing Hannah. She was really scared. She hates when boys follow her. She hates when they catcall her in the streets. She hates those who approaches her or tries to touch her. Boys sucked. Hannah really hates bo-

"Matt!" Hannah shouted unconsciously and breathed heavily. Her heart was jumping in glee at the sight of Matthew who has just gotten out of a coffee shop.

She was blushing hard. Hannah's chest was moving roughly. Her breathing was still heavy. Matthew noticed she wasn't okay. "Hannah? What's wro..."

He's also noticed the boys behind her who decided to leave finally. He then looked at the blond haired girl. "Were they bothering you?"

Hannah nodded her head. She looked down.

"This kind of guys makes me hate the fact that I'm a guy..." Matthew sighed. "It's okay now, I guess. I would have taken care of them if they didn't leave anyway."

Hannah cleared her throat. She was standing too close to Matthew. Too close. Too close...

"Say, do you want to have a cup of coffee? I was with Ryan but he had to leave, so..."

Hannah wanted to scream. She wouldn't be able to stay in one piece if she was seated facing Matthew in the same table. No. She couldn't stay this close to him.

She can't run away now. She shouldn't run away this time. Matthew helped her (kind of). She can't ignore him. She can't keep treating him like garbage, can she? Maybe her friends were right, after all. Maybe he liked her. Maybe that's why he wanted to have a cup of coffee with her.

Hannah looked up and right when she was about to answer-

"Matty sweetie!" A girl with brown hair who seemed older than Matt walked toward them and slapped his arm. "How are you? It has been a long time!"

"Hey Sam. Yeah, it has. How is it going?" Matthew smiled at the girl and slapped back her arm.

Hannah had a horrified look on her face. What? Matty sweetie? Why was this girl slapping his arm and laughing like that?

He liked older girls?

What the hell?

Wait, wasn't this girl, Samantha, the big-breasted beautician who worked at the spa Hannah's mother goes to? Hannah goes to beauty salons instead but she recognized her. She tags along her mom sometimes.

The b*tch.

No. Hannah was sure now. Matt doesn't like her. He doesn't. He liked older girls with big boobs, very big boobs, who could spend money on him. Yes. She knew. She knew from the very beginning. Her dreams were crushed. Matthew already dat-

"Hannah! Wait! Where are you going? Hannah! Wait!" Hannah disappeared too fast in the crowd so Matthew wasn't able to run after her.

Samantha joined Matt's side. "What's wrong with the girl?"

"I don't know. She was just fine..."

"Oh, is this the girl Chris told me about? Hannah?"

Matthew sighed. Did Chris really have to tell his girlfriend about this? Really?

"Yes, Hannah! Yes! I remember now! Your little blondie girl! You should ask her out! Awww. She's really cute. You have your brother's girlfriend's blessing, that's for sure — but wait, why did she take off like that?"

"She hates me." Matthew sighed heavily this time. He turned toward Sam. "I've already had enough drama for today so I'm heading home now to stuff myself with fat foods. Bye."

"Fat foods are bad, honey..." Samantha watched as Matthew walked away.

"And where have I seen this girl before anyway?"

To be continued.