Ch-10 Flashback

VERONICA'S POV

I remember that day, so well even at the worst of times. In a trice I am back again to the period of my life which I dread and treasure the most, at the same time. It is amusing for me how I remember every instant of it.

It hurts to remember what choices we made because I believe we were not strong enough to face the consequences yet were sufficiently brave to take it anyway.

__________FLASHBACK____________

"It's just that you have changed me in more than possibly human ways and I have just destroyed you at so many humiliating levels, that I'm ashamed of myself now.

I know as long as we'll be together, we will keep on doing it again and again, until we burn ourselves in this fire that we created.

And at the end all it will be is a giant mess and we will look at each other with an irreparable hole in our hearts, not knowing what to do because it would be too late to cover anything.

It is now or never for us, this cycle will never end, as long as we are together, and only way to stop it is to create some distance between each other.

But don't think for a second that I want it, hell I despise it. I'm not doing this for myself or for trying to find my escape out of this and you, I'm doing this for the well being of both of us especially you."

"But why is it supposed to be for me, when neither am I agreeing nor do I want this. And since when do you make such decisions for me, when I am perfectly capable of making my own. And don't you dare think you know the best for me even if you don't."

"But all this is going to lead to nothing good. And I cannot let happen to you, not now not ever. You are leaving me no choice but to end this in the most brutal way, my way."

"Mark in life we always have choices, they are upon you to decide which one you choose, this is what makes people different from others. I have chosen my path, it's all on you now. Our lives will be different if you want them to be. It's on you now, the choice is yours. It always has been it always will be."

"Then I'm making mine."

________PRESENT_______

With that he left and never returned back and neither did I ever stop him. And that is how I lost myself that day forever. The distance between was not to be measured in miles from then but in light years, which neither one of us could enclose.

Since then I have never looked back in my heart because I know that,

I will only find his spot empty.

A/N

AND I HOPE YOU ALL ARE UNDERSTANDING THE STORY IN A BETTER WAY NOW AS THE WRITING STYLE AND TYPE OF VOCABULARY HAS BEEN CHANGED

HAVE A GREAT EVENING/NIGHT/MORNING.  😄