Ch-8 Denial

VERONICA'S POV

Cupcakes are like memories, they can be sweet as candy, or even as sour as tamarind. But the best part of it is that if you have all the ingredients needed to bake it, you can always recreate that sense of taste again. If you fill the holes in order, use the same shades of colouring, and measure the required emotions correctly, you would have all of it back again. The same as before or I guess even better.

And just like a pastry shop, where you would find everything lavish and decorated.

The more you look at each one, the more unique and appealing they appear. And at that moment you want to taste it even though you don't know what flavour it is, it may be a surprise crunchy treat for you or soft caramel but it may be filled with mint or a citrous liquid. You wish, you never taste it again.

SAME GOES WITH US, until we taste our delight, we wouldn't know if its good or bad, too spicy or too salty, if it makes us overwhelmed or stoic. We wouldn't know it all, if we don't give it a shot. If we don't expose ourselves to the outside world, we wouldn't have experience and most of all memories.

                                                                                                                          -Veronica Shades (Contour times )

- Uh what is wrong with me, why am I writing so inanimately. All I am doing is comparing every broken thing in my life to something so unresponsive. I don't think the editor will like this one.

- It has been fifteen years for god's sake, I moved on but after yesterday I don't know why am I so anxious. Why did he come back, after such a painfully long time why now, why make things complicated when things were falling at the right place or were nearly.

He looks so similar yet so different, it felt as if I was transported to a different decade, his unruly tousled hair seemed like they have been combed by his fingers so many time out of frustration or nervousness, I cannot decide. He was looking rather perfect too just like they showed in those vanity fair, forbes magazines,and financial times. But I guess things have actually changed it's just me still in denial.