Chapter 5: Complicated feelings

Josephine woke up feeling much better now. She rubbed her eyes and asked herself what happened. She remembered that Kai went to her house and takes care of her when she was feeling sick. She stood up quickly to look around the house if Kai was still there but he was nowhere to find. She saw a small note placed on the top of the kitchen table.

“You! Drink these medicines after you eat. Don’t forget or I’ll punch you stupid – Kai”

“That guy! I thought he was already kind to me! He’s so rude. Psssh!” she said to herself. She took her breakfast and her medicines. She went to the school since she’s already feeling well. She entered the room and Chanyeol was always the one who approaches her first.

“You look pale. Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked. “I’m sick last night but now, I’m okay.” She said and raised her hands giving Chanyeol thumbs up. Tao was looking at her and touched her forehead. “You’re alright. Take care of yourself always.” Tao said to her with a serious face. “Gomawo. I will take care of myself.” She said in return and she could hardly breathe again. “Omo! Tao, you cared for me? Why isn’t it just you who took care of me when I’m sick?” She thought.

The class ended and they had lunch together with Chanyeol and Tao. Josephinelooked all over the cafeteria and searched if she could see Kai. “Are you looking for someone?” Tao asked. “Ani.” She lied.

She finished her lunch ahead of the two boys and decided to leave in advance. Tao was giving her a curious look as if he wanted to ask her why she wanted to leave now.

She went to the dance room 30 minutes before class. “I wonder where Kai is.” She muttered. “Aigoo~ why am I looking for that jerk!” she mumbled. The class started and Kai wasn’t present. The professor asked Josephine if she knew where he was but she has no idea. They were all confused because Kai never skips his any of his class. He was a good student. “Good student? He was just pretending to be a good one. Pssssh.” She muttered. As the class ended, Josephine walked through the hallway and saw a poster that says “Be ready to show your talent!” It was a dance contest for the whole school. She wrote it down on her notebook and takes note of the details. She ran heading back to the dance room. She played music and started practicing. She stopped in the middle of it and said “Wait! Why did I dance all of a sudden? I should take this slowly. Haha” she laughed at herself. She danced non-stop until she felt so tired. She didn’t notice that she has been practicing and making cool steps for almost 5 hours. She went out of the dance room but it was so dark. All of the lights in the school were turned off. She was afraid of the dark and she could barely walk towards the exit. She screamed as she heard something and ran as fast as she could. “Whew! I will never ever stay here this late!” she thought.

She arrived in their house but before she could enter, she looked at Kai’s house. There were few lights opened and it was so quiet. “Why would I even care?” she said to herself and got in to her house. In her surprise, she saw her mom walking around the house. “Omma!” she yelled. “Omo! Josephine! I missed you so much.” Her mom hugged her so tight. “I thought you’ll be here tomorrow? Omma! Don’t ever leave me again.” She said while hugging her mom back. Her mom broke the hug and said “I’m sorry but I need to leave you again. My boss told me to get more clothes and be back tonight.” She told Josephine. “what?! Tonight?! Omma! Why are you doing this to me! Don’t you know that I got sick and …” she stopped as she covered her mouth. “And what?” her mom asked. She almost said that he let a guy inside their house and take care of her during the night. “And no one was here to take care of me.” She just said as an excuse. “Forgive me my dear but I’m doing this for you and for us. I have to go now and I’ll be back after a week.” She said. Josephine’s eyes widened and she yelled “Omma!!!!!!!! You’ll be back after one week?!!!!!!!” Josephine was starting to cry. “Don’t worry honey. You can handle yourself and you’ll take good care of yourself even more. I left a lot of money for you to use wisely okay!” she kissed her forehead and left Josephine alone again.