The One With The... What Happened?

Jack P.O.V

I gazed off at her from afar, watching her entertain her parents and giggle. She cascaded her head towards my stare, her golden waves cascading down her shoulder. I loved looking at her deep, sea green-blue eyes. They reminded me of Christmas.

2 years ago at a party at the Bings...

Ari guzzled down multiple glasses of eggnog mixed with peppermint schnapps, resulting in her aimlessly hugging her parents and mine as well. She hiccuped once in a while, but she always looked cute doing it.

"J-Jack, there you are," Ari tumbled towards me, resulting in me grabbing her by the waist to hold her up. "I wanted you to know," She whispered, her breath full of mint. "That out of all the boys in our friend group, you'd be the one i'd get with."

I laughed. "Well, that's a no-brainer. The other two guys in our group are your brothers."

"Hey," She set down her 4th glass of eggnog. "You should be honored."

"I am," I said, followed by the parents hollering for more eggnog and a change of Christmas -themed radio.

As Ari and I entered the kitchen, she hopped onto a counter. "If you're so honored," she said woozily, watching me pour eggnog into a cup. "Why don't you actually get with me?"

"You know I can't do that," I laughed, setting the carton of eggnog down and walking towards her. "It'll mess up the whole dynamic between you and I. And, I'd feel like i'd be taken advantage of you when you're in this state."

"What state?" She replied, an eyebrow raised. "Oh, right. New York."

I laughed and shook my head. "See what I mean?"

"Let's see what I mean," She announced, and gripped the edge of my sweater. She pulled me into her and started to messily kiss me. I needed to make her stop, but... I didn't want her to.

I eventually propped her legs onto my hips and walked her to the closet by my parents' porch. She fumbled her body onto the ironing board and zipped my fly down. She shook my pants off and unclipped her bra in 0.2 seconds. Seems like she has experience.

"Bing... more like Bang," Ari moaned out, me pumping into her against the wall, causing the closet door to shake. "I bet you'll taste just like the eggnog."

Right when Ari departed from me and got on her knees,  Aunt Phoebe's voice sounded from the living room. "Where's the new music? Where's Regina Phalange's eggnog?"

I shook Ari off of my member as she whined, but I gave her the "shoosh" finger. We redressed into now our torn and worn out attire as we departed from the closet.

"This really is the most wonderful time of the year," I said, shaking my head, as I watched Ari's figure walk out of sight.

Present Day...

"Does this ring a bell?" I grinned at Ari, who now had a confused look on her face, in the closet.

"Ummm..." She gazed around the closet and eventually picked up a string of bells. "Yes!"

I sighed. "No... i'm talking about Christmas. Two years ago?"

"Oh," Ari grinned. I blushed with relief. "I got a fuzzy robe from my parents that year."

My face hardened. "You really don't remember?"

She shrugged and sagged her lips in a "dunno" way.

"We had sex. In my parent's closet. At their house. On Christmas Eve."

Ari stared at me and started to chuckle. "Y-you wish," Ari punched my arm playfully.

"I'm not wishing. It happened. I have it on butt dial."

"You recorded it?!" Ari backed against the wall. "Perv!"

"No, no," I laughed, shaking my head. "It was an accident."

As I played her the voicemail, I watched her expression change to a lip-biting, pink-faced embarrassed Ari. "I really said Bing, more like Bang?"

I nodded my head and shut the phone off. "Yep."

"Well," Ari shrugged. "Guess we're dating now."

As she was about to depart once again  from the closet, I grabbed her by the arm. "W-what?! We're dating?"

"It would change the whole dynamic, as you said," Ari gestured to my phone. "We can't have this secret between us and still be friends. We'll make some mushy romantic version of it and spill to Emma, Darion, Anthony and your sister. And I guess you'll have to deal with being romantic with me when they're around."

I didn't want to say that i'd always want her to hear her say that, so I played cool. "Fine. If I have to."

"And," Ari added her P.S. before opening the door. "Let's tell them in a few days. Not to steal Erica's baby-thunder."

I nodded as she left me in the small closet.

~

One of my fav chapters to write so far!! See you next Thursday. Btw I get out of school tomorrow! So excited!

XX Katy