The One With The Problem

Erica P.O.V.

As I gazed down at the two pink lines, I thought toward my future. Pregnant at 24, abandoning my job, never going on dates again, never traveling the world. All for just 2 minutes of pleasure.

I wiped away small weeps as the door to the bathroom opened. I had taken the test at Emma and Ari's place, or else my brother would find the test and pummel Darion to death.

"Air," Emma called me by my nickname. "What are you--" She stared at the test. "Oh my god, you're with child?!"

I put my forefinger to my mouth, signaling her silence. It was too late. Ari skidded across the floor towards the bathroom. "Who's screaming?"

She cupped a hand over her mouth as she noticed the test. "I'm so happy for you!" She exclaimed through big fingers. 

"I'm not," I said, gazing up at both of them. I could feel warm, salty tears stream down my cheeks. "Darion's the father."

"You've got yourself into a predicament, here..." Emma tapped her forefinger to her cheek bone. "At least the dad isn't Jack or something."

I scrunched my face up in a disgusted way as Ari replied with, "I would be fortunate if Jack was my baby daddy."

We erupted in giggles as Emma wrapped her thin arms around my shoulders. "I'd like you to meet two of my best friends," she said as the three of us stepped into the kitchen. "Ben... and Jerry."

She grabbed each of us a pint of Cookie Dough Explosion and plopped down on the pristine white couch. "And we can watch these." She fanned out three I don't know how old VCRS and plopped one in. The flat screen tv popped up an image of one tall, skinny tan girl with blonde bangs, a blue, fluffy dress, and a horrible nose. The other one, to her left by the bannister, was a pale, pudgy black haired girl with a sausage-casing like red turtleneck dress. Aunt Rachel and Mom at prom.

***

Through the middle of the second DVR, the purple door flew open to reveal Anthony, Darion, Jack, Joey, Phoebe, Ross, Rachel, and now mom and dad filled into the cramped apartment. I jumped up from my seat and wrapped my short arms onto both of my parents, their warm faces now aged and wrinkly.

"Look at how fat you were!" Ross said to his sister in a goofy, childlike manner. Rachel's hand, once placed on his chest in a loving way, was now punching his rib. He winced. Monica smirked and high fived her best friend. 

"And look at how much of a dork you were," Mom replied with a snort, pointing to once afro-and-mustache teenage Ross. Jack chuckled behind our uncle and accompanied me in a family group hug.

My father, his hair now receding and flipped sideways, complimented his almond skin and thick, black glasses. Mom's once black hair was graying at the edges and starting to look wiry, but they were the perfect couple in my eyes. Emma thought of her's as the dream couple, with Rachel's clear, non-wrinkly peach skin and dirty blonde hair, and Ross' firm structure and reckless smile. I agreed that they both didn't look a day over 30, and that my parents aged... well, differently, but that didn't matter.

"We're back from grocery shopping!" Phoebe exclaimed, holding up a brown paper bag stuffed to the brim with cheeses and meats. Joey's doing.

...

After watching all the DVRs and erupting in laughs and claps, I wrapped my arms around my stomach and sighed. My parents scrunched up their faces in worried looks.

"What's wrong?" They replied in unison, With Jack bending forward.

I gazed at Ari and Emma nervously, and they both nodded.

"I'm pregnant."

~

Ayyye long chapter! Next Thursday i'll update.

XX Katy

EMMA {Friends Legacy Fic}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें