The One With Ben

{Emma POV}

Raji stopped the car in front of a tall, white brick brownstone with perfectly cut shrubbery and blooming flowers. Just a glamorous upper east side penthouse of New York City. No big deal.

Even though the home seemed like it belonged to an elderly woman, the tall, circular Windows revealed flashing strobe lights and screaming party goers.

Darion's eyes lit up as he grabbed Erica's hand and pushed out of the vehicle. Anthony nervously fidgeted his palm into mine and titled his head a little. I blushed.

Beyond me was my best friend, Ari. Jack accompanied her and locked his arm in hers in a gentlemanly manner. I always thought they'd be such a cute couple.

The door was opened by a butler who seemed like he wasn't getting paid enough for what he was servicing. A wide, marble staircase sat in the side of the room, and a pair of Armani oxfords stumbled down the steps. They remind me of my dad's, they look just like them.

"Good evening, Mr. Zurchenback," the disgruntled butler responded to the figure emerging from the staircase.

"Please, how many times do I have to tell you? Just Ben," a grin spread across the man's face. His teeth were bright and fluorescent against the blackness of the house. (Ross referenceXD)

  No. Not him. Not my half brother.

   Anthony put his lips close to my ear to ask me. I cut him off.

   "Yes, that's him." I grinned. "Ben? It's Emma."

   "Emmy!" Ben walked behind the blackness that showed his tan skin and dirty blonde hair. He looked so much like Ross. "I haven't seen you in forever. What are you doing here?"

   "What are you doing here, calling yourself Zurchenback?" Darion replied.

   "What are you all doing here, not being Mr. Zurchenback?" The butler raised an eyebrow.

   Ben grinned and sighed. "I married a girl named Louise and took her last name. Only way I'd get the house," he gestured around the mansion.

***

   Towards the end of the tour, which included bumping into various dancers and strangers, Ben lead us to the dining room. By the fireplace stood a girl with dark tan skin and black hair. She wore a cutout rouge dress with metal sunflower decals, which I thought was quite pretty because it resembled the baby blue and black number I was wearing.

   "Everyone, this is Louise, my wife."

   Darion, still latched onto Erica, took Louise's bony hand and kissed it repeatedly. "Quite a pleasure," he said with one eyebrow raised. Erica pinched Darion's arm.

   Jack nodded to her and tensed his arm muscles, and Anthony feebly shook her hand. It seemed as if the men had taken a liking to Louise.

   "Mhmm..." Louise falsely smiled and flicked her hand like it was covered with disease.

   I turned my head over to see Ari, behind me, mouth, What a bitch.

   "...So, how did you guys find our humble abode?" Ben mentioned, trying to break the long, awkward silence.

   "Humble abode?" Anthony said, eyes widened. Louise started to abruptly giggle in a fake manor. "Wow, handsome and clever!"

   Oh hell no. She will NOT flirt with Anthony.

***

   Ari and I stood on the far side of the room, glancing once or twice to Louise's direction. She was twirling her hair and putting her hand to Anthony's arm any time she could. What a bitch.

   "Emmy," Ben hastily walked over to Ari and I. "Did you know that dad and Rachel are coming to visit?"

   "She's called mom." I turned to him, crossing my arms.

   "No, Carol's called mom."

   "Okay, I think Ross gets to choose who the mom of both of you is, and, in this case, it's Rachel."

   I smirked triumphantly as Ben went on. "Well, i'll be there too. Phoebe and Joey are accompanying them and they'll all stay at the apartment."

   Ari's eyes lit up. "Mom and Dad! This is finally the time to get that Pastrami sandwich recipe from dad," Ari hurried off to tell her brothers.

   I turned my back to my half-brother, still in sibling-fight mode, until I heard Jack holler, "Okay, let's get going home!"

   I abruptly turned around and squeezed my half-brother into a hug, on my tiptoes.

   "I love you, half-sis."

   "I love you, half-bro."

~

Update next Thursday!

XX Katy