The One With Phoey

Phoebe grinned foolishly and gripped her husband's big, firm arm. He rubbed his hands, leaving the crumbs of his sandwich on the ground. Erica hurried to get the dust pan and cleaned it up, just like her mother would have.

"Oh!" Phoebe said in her always surprised voice. "It's a mini Monica."

Erica scowled and left the living room. Joey continued. "It was Pheeb's 31st birthday. She was all sad because her fuddy duddy science boyfriend left for Russia again, and she hadn't completed her bucket list. So I kissed her, which took off two of the things on her list, because i'm 1/4 Portuguese."

Ari and Darion grinned contently as Anthony shifted his head in my direction and rolled his eyes. I stifled a giggle. 

"Great story," Ben smiled, and Phoebe added, "Oh, he's not done."

"So then," Joey bent his arms out, his flannel button down cinching at his elbows. "I proposed to Phoebe because I thought she was pregnant, but it was Rachel who was pregnant," He grinned at me. "Pregnant with you."

"I don't know how many times i've heard that story," I said, picking up the teacups and platters. "But it never grows old."

***

Anthony P.O.V.

"What did ya do to the carpet?!" Dad gestured to the second portion of the apartment, which used to be the dwelling of Joey and Chandler/Rachel.

"It was kind of disgusting, dad," Darion swung an arm around his father's broad shoulder.

"You need to be working out, son," He took Darion's wrist. "You have noodle arms. Get arms like your brother."

Darion cried with laughter as I rolled my eyes. I might be a nerd, but i'm a major health nut.

Joey uneasily walked along the now hardwood flooring and sat in an arm chair. "One of you, make me a sandwich."

"You just had one." I said dully towards him, as he scowled in a playful manner.

"Aye, I brought you into this world, I can take you out if it."

"That's my line!" Mom entered he small apartment, her corn blonde hair held up in two buns. She plastered a carefree smile on her face, her shingly maxi dress shaking and matching blouse.

"Mom!" Darion ran towards her and gave her a hug. What a momma's boy.

"Yeah, okay," she said with a pat on her son's back. "Anthony! How's the paper?"

"It's the New Yorker, mom," I laughed steadily, referencing my job as the bureau chief at the prestigious article.

"Oh, right," Phoebe said, and joined her husband in grazing over the multiple covers.

"You read your own articles?" Darion laughed teasingly. I glared.

"Of course I do, in case I made any mistakes."

"You did, multiple times." Joey pointed and laughed at a November copy. "You spelled brick wrong three times."

I grabbed it urgently in distress, but softened my face. "It's spelled Bronx."

"Yeah, okay," Phoebe giggled. I sighed.

"You should have a job like your brother," Dad gestured to Darion, who worked at a deli. "He's with sandwiches. All. The. Time."

~

Happy Thursday!

XX Katy