Chapter 20

Evelyn's POV

The sun was rising in the sky as I waited for the right time to sneak out of the hotel room. I had a note ready for when I leave. The note was for the boys telling them that I went home to talk to Alice about our current situation. I got out of the chair that I was sitting in and slipped out of the room. I pressed the button to go down in the elevator. The door opened with a ding as I slipped in. A hand stopped the door from closing as the person pushed in the elevator. Calum stood before me which was confusing.

"You're leaving?" He asked.

"Yeah, how did you know I wasn't in the room?" I asked. The doors closed as the elevator started going down.

"Well, I was going down to eat and I saw you walk down the hall." He answered. "Why are you leaving?"

"I am going to go work things out with Alice. I need her in my life." I replied. "She is the only one who can keep me in line."

"Oh, you're still dating Colton, right?" Calum asked in a jealous way.

"Yeah, why?" I answered then asked. Calum shifted uncomfortably as the doors open.

"When you guys break up, I wanna take you out to eat." Calum answered. "I will be much better than that douchebag." Calum stepped out of the elevator and walked away. I rolled my eyes and let a smile spread on my face. I sighed and stepped out. I walked out of the hotel to my car. I hopped in and zoomed to the house.

I pulled into the driveway as nervousness settled in my gut. I was terrified what this conversation will bring us. Will it cost us our friendship? Can I ever forgive her even if I say I do? Will she ever forgive me after the way I overreacted?

"Jeez, Evelyn. You over think about things way too much." I talked to myself as I walked to the door. The door swung open revealing a very pissed off Harry Styles. His eyes glanced at me as more anger seeped from his body. I could feel the tension in the fresh air.

"I hope your happy." He snapped as he knocked my shoulder. I snickered and turned around.

"I am happy, very happy." I sassed before walking in the house.

"Evelyn, is that you?" A petite voice called out. I walked into the living room to see Alice sitting upright on the couch.

"Yeah, it's me." I said awkwardly. Alice sat there waiting for my apology. I laughed lightly and sat down beside her.

"You said you wanted to talk." Alice said trying to sound like a professional.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about what happened." I said slowly. I really wanted to change the subject but I know I couldn't. "I am sorry for the way I overreacted. It was dumb and overdramatic. I was mad about the fact that you didn't tell me. I know I would be mad when you first told me but I would understand that it was your choice. It's not my choice to make."

"It's fine." Alice stated blandly. I seemed taken aback.

"It's fine?" I mocked. "That's all. That's all you had to say to my apology was 'It's fine'" I continued to mock her reaction to my great apology. Alice took in my facial expression and started laughing.

"You suck at giving apologies." Alice said truthfully with a smile.

"That's not the point, Knight. So, you forgive me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I don't want to lose my best friend that I have had for a very long time. Yes, you definitely overreacted. Was I mad? Yes, but you had the right to be mad at me too." Alice answered. "I wanted to tell you. I just didn't know how to."

"I get it. I understand." I said. "Hug?"

"No." Alice said with no hesitation with a straight face. I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around her.

"You love me." I mumbled. Alice scoffed and stayed still.

"Whatever." Alice grumbled. I pulled away and smiled.

"Guess what happened this morning." I said. Alice raised her eyebrows.

"What happened?" Alice asked confused.

"So, I talked to Calum and he brought up Colton. He asked if I was still dating him and I said yes. He told me that when I break up with him to call him up so we can date." I rambled.

"Ah, so you have a new boyfriend." Alice asked as she nudged my arm. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms across my chest.

"No." I stated.

"By the way, did you get the memo that your mother is getting married?" Alice asked with a smirk. I felt my jaw drop. My mother never said anything about getting married. The worse part was that I wasn't even invited.

"With who?" I asked curiously.

"My dad."

--
Hey, sorry. This took forever. I know, please forgive me like Alice forgave Evelyn. We are working on finishing this book since we are on summer vacation. Woohoo!

~Kate