Chapter 2

Alice's Point Of View

As Evelyn and I took our seats, I felt sick all of a sudden. I kept my head straight forward and didn't dare to take a glance over to my left, nor, right side. I could feel a gaze on me and I could see them getting physically irritated. I sat up and wiped my hands on my shorts. Ignore them and they'll leave you alone. Hopefully. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around to see Katy grinning at Evelyn and I. Kesha smiled at us and told us good luck. We nodded our heads at one another and I was grinning like an idiot.

"Welcome to the 2018 MTV Music Awards! How are you doing tonight, ladies and gentlemen!" Pitbull roared to the crowd.

Evelyn and I shouted and clapped when the others started. I could feel my eardrums rattle from the loudness of the crowd. I cuffed my hands over my mouth and howled. Evelyn chuckled from the side of me and the voices began to die down. Everyone's attention went back to Pitbull when he began to talk once again.

"As you've heard, we have performances from many amazing artists tonight," He walked around on the stage. "The lovely Taylor Swift, Lorde, Rachel Platten, Echosmith, Neon Disguise, and some others. We're going to have a great night! So, let's kick it off with the amazing, beautiful, singer, Taylor Swift!" Pitbull shouted.

I felt someone's arm make contact make contact with my own as they shifted. I instantly regretted my actions when I looked over. When I glanced back over to see steam taking over the stage and Taylor walking through it, I heard the person clear their throat from beside me.

"So, you left all of us. If I'm not mistaking, you also change your phone number. Not only making Michael depressed for a good amount of time, you made all of the boys go through some sort of misery, also. So, are you proud of what you've done? Or was that just the beginning?" Luke growled.

"Can you just leave me alone?" I shifted further away from him.

"No, I would like the answer. It's nice to see someone to walk into your life and walk right out of it. It hurts, you know? We were close, and you left. It's like you couldn't have cared less about me or the boys," Luke told me.

"No, I'm not proud. I didn't want to get hurt again," I glanced down.

"So, shutting people out is the answer, right?" Luke hissed.

"Yes, for me, it is," My voice cracked.

Luke became silent when I finished with my statement. Evelyn glanced over at me with a giant grin plastered onto her face. I forced one back to her and she squealed with excitement. She shook my shoulders when two people walked down with an award in one of their arms. I sat up and listened to what they were saying.

"I'm Nick Robinson."

"And, I'm Colton Haynes."

"Tonight, we're here to present the award for, Best New artists," Nick smiled to the crowd.

"The nominees are," Colton stretched the word out.

"Echosmith, Vance Joy, Tove Lo, Cole Swindell, and Neon Disguise!"

The room became silent as we waited for the answer. Evelyn and I were on the edge of our seats as we waited for the winner. I could feel my hands becoming sweaty as the silence continued. My throat became dry as I waited. My adrenaline was taking over my body. I was bouncing in my seat when Nick and Colton leaned forward to the microphone.

"The Best New Artist is..." Colton started.

"Neon Disguise!" The boys shouted.

I felt my heart stop. I quickly looked Evelyn and she met my gaze. Both of us squealed like little fan girls and Katy and Kesha came over to us. We hugged in a giant group hug and Katy told us to go get our award. I waited for Evelyn to leave since she was on the outside. We jogged up onto the stage and Nick walked up to me.

"Congratulations, Alice," He smiled down at me.

I looked over to see Colton and Evelyn kiss and I wrinkled my nose. Nick gave me a hug and walked me up to the microphone. When he stepped back he told me not to stutter. I rolled my eyes and Evelyn told me to talk.

"Oh my god. Thank you guys so, so, so much. I love you guys. I want to shout out to our fans who have helped us on our journey. Oh, and a special thanks to Katy Perry for making this all happen. You're such an awesome person. This stand is really tall and feel like you guys can't hear me. Hang on," I began shifting the stand. "Sorry, where was I at now. Thank you to my lovely man over there for helping me get my butt to these shows. You guys are amazing little people out there! I love you guys so much! Evelyn, do you want to say anything?" I smiled.

"You guys are amazing. Thank you so much. As Alice said, much love to the fans and Katy. Thank you guys so much!" Evelyn summed up.

Evelyn jogged over to me and the guys came over and hugged both of us. When we walked around back the stage crew told us to head back to our seats. We walked to our seats and sat down. We turned around to Katy and Kesha to see them smiling at us. Katy put her hands on both of our shoulders and congratulated us. I looked over at Kesha and she gave Evelyn and I a simple thumbs up.

"Okay, it's time to go to the next performance."

________

It's the sequel, everyone! I'm so pumped for the new book! Please, vote, comment, and follow! I hope everybody is enjoying this so far. Katie and I are making lots of plans for this book, so please spread the word. I'm not sure about the updating schedule, but I'll try to get both of us to update daily. Please keep on reading this book! You are awesome!

Love you lots,

-Mackenzie