Chapter 17

Alice's Point Of View

Louis had left with a door slam behind him and I sat on the steps of the stair case. Harry was walking around the house and gave off the nervous aurora. I squinted my eyes at him a little as he began to pace quicker by the second. I tapped my fingers against the cold hardwood and ran the other hand through my hair. I didn't want to sit in this house any longer. From a room, I heard a silent whine and I gasped to myself. Mars! I ran up to where he as at and found him scratching at the floor.

"Aw, how did I forget about you?" I picked up the fluff ball. I walked down to where Harry was still pacing and lightly tapped him on the back of his head.

"What? Yeah?" Harry spun around quickly. I chuckled at his reactions.

"Well, I was going to ask if you were going to leave?" I hooked Mars up to his leash.

"Oh, sure. Yeah, no problem," He nodded and gave me a hug. "Bye," He squeezed me before walking away.

"Bye, Harold," I smiled with a light laugh. His neck slowly craned and shook his head at me. I waved him off as he walked back outside to his car. I felt a tug at the bottom of my pajama pants and seen Mars yanking them around. 

"Okay, you butt sniff. Let's go," I pulled the leash and guided Mars to the back yard. The yard was filled with snow, so all I could see was Mars jumping through the snow. When he landed on the ground, he disappeared. Then his tiny body would pop up and be out of sight as he ran around the yard. I stifled a laugh as I watch him hop around in the snow to use the bathroom. 

"Mars! Come on! Lets go inside!" I called for him. He began to bark as he leaped through the snow. He slid inside and began to sneeze with snow all over him. "Do you want to go an adventure?" I cooed at him like a small baby.

I grasped him and took him into the dog room. He flopped down in his dog bed and stared at me. I chuckled as I strutted into my room. My other bag was still with Harry, so I grabbed one of my extra ones. I packed dogs objects and my own personal items into it. I changed into a pair of black leggings, a dark grey and white Adidas hoodie, and a pair of white snow boots. I left my hair in the messy bun and turned around to the hallway. I swung the bag over my shoulders and sighed. 

Mars had his head tilted as I opened up the door to the pet room. I chuckled at him and called my dog over to me. His little paws moved him quickly to me and I shut the door behind the young pup. Mars was already waiting by the door for me and I smiled. I knew it was pretty late in the night. My eyes felt a little heavy as I grabbed my keys to my car and I grabbed Mars's leash. I guided him out of the door and locked it behind me. My breath came out in a white cloud of smoke as I unlocked my Jeep Wrangler. 

"Come on, Mars. We're going to the lake house."