Chapter 8

Claire's POV

The darkness around me is terrifying. Im not used to the dark, even on the streets there were always lights. The soft bed just makes me feel hot and sweaty. I really want Conor but I'm scared to leave the room alone.

A monster suddenly appears in the room and it moves like a shadow creeping on the wall. 

I quickly run out of the room crying to Conor. He is sitting in the living room reading a paper thing. 

"Conor! Conor! Conor! The monster is going to get meeee"

"Oh darling come here, Where is the monster?"

"Its in the room Conor"

I cry into his shirt terrified. When I was on the streets there used to be  big scary monsters on the streets late at night. They would yell at me and kick me. I don't want monsters to get me anymore."

Conor's POV

My poor little baby is laying in my lap scarred to death. 

"Boo do you want to go back to check for the monster, I promise to keep you safe"

"no da-Conor, please no, I'm scarred"

I feel bad that she has never really had a dad to look after her. The poor thing probably thinks that I'm still going to abandon her. And I don't think that she is going to go back to bed any time soon. 

"claire look at me"

I gently lift her chin so she is looking at me.

"You can call me daddy if you want dear, Im always going to be there for you"

She doesn't respond but buries her head in my shirt.

"Ok little love, how about I get you some warm milk to calm you down."

I attempt to put her down but she clings to me and lets out a little whimper. I let out a sigh and bring her with me while I warm up her bottle. Once I'm done I bring us both back to the living room. 

I sit down on the couch and lay her on my lap like a small baby. She is just so cute!

"Ok baby bear drink up, this will help you fall asleep."

she lifts her head a little and sucks on the bottle. Her eyes slowly close and she is asleep in minutes. I carefully lift her into my arms and carry her into my bedroom. I lay down and lay her next to me pulling her to my side. 

"I wove you daddy" she mumbles quietly and only slightly audible. 

"I love you too little love bug"

AN// So Sorry for how long it took to update, its been forever! Please comment ideas for the next chapter.