Chapter 2

Claire's POV (the girl in the dumpster)

I was kicked out of my house when I was 3 and have been living on the streets ever sense. I have to eat out of dumpsters to survive and I get Beaten badly every day by older kids that are on the street.

Although my life is really hard I am still surviving and it's kind of nice to be on your own and in control of your life.

I am having my dinner like I always do in the dumpster out side of the fast food restaurant when I notice someone watching me. I try to push my self further into the garbage but to my dismay he keeps coming closer to me. I whimper and shake with fear because I know what comes after a large man finding a little girl with no witnesses around.

"hey baby, don't worry I'm not going to hurt you" he spoke and his voice sent a shiver down my spine. I let out a sob in fear and waited to see what he would do.

He spoke again and this time it was his words that truly petrified me. "I'm just trying to help you" and with that I scramble out of the dumpster and attempt to run away but within seconds his large arms wrapped around my petite body and I am being placed over his shoulder.

I scream and kick trying to get out of his strong grasp but I did nothing to him and after a while I slowly fell into darkness knowing my body betrayed me because now he can do what ever he wants and I can't stop him. With that thought I fainted out of exhaustion.