Chapter 23

I heard a car door closing as I was finishing watching my third episode of the day of 90210. I closed the lid of my laptop, placed it on the floor and headed downstairs to talk to my brother. When I saw him he had a pizza box in his hand.

"You hungry?" He asks holding the box out towards me.

"Yeah, thanks." I say taking it off him and walking into the living room to eat it.

"So what have you been doing whilst I was gone?" He asks trying to make small talk.

"I just watched some 90210. So how'd it go with Ty?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

"Good, obviously we're gonna be a bit rocky till I get used to it but yeah he's still my best friend. I've given him the big brother talk as well. If he hurts you that's it, me and him done." He tells me, quickly stealing a piece of pizza.

"Ok fair enough. So you ready for graduation on Wednesday?" I ask him giving him a glare for stealing my food.

Our school is weird and breaks up for the summer on Tuesday and then Graduation is on Wednesday. I was excited, but also scared, to find out what decision Dan and Tyler had chosen for their school of choice for the next four years.

"Yes I am. Right I'm off for a shower, enjoy the rest of your pizza." He tells me, ruffling my hair and heading up the stairs.

...

So today was the last day of school and our group of six had decided to sit outside so we could all spend the seniors last lunch together without the extra people who don't really care about us.

"So guys, have you all sent in your acceptance letters?" I ask

All three of them nod their heads and then look at the table. Us girls knew that it was killing them not being able to tell us anything till tomorrow but I had a feeling that Berkley was the one for Tyler. I was sat next to him so I put my arm around his waist and gave him a quick squeeze as a sign of reassurance.

Whenever I brought up the subject of college he dropped it or changed the subject quickly. I don't now if he just didn't want to talk about it or if it was deeper. I knew that we'd have some distance between us but I had no doubt we'd make us work even if we didn't get into a relationship till we were closer again or now.  I loved him and no distance would be able to change that.

"Should we get someone to take a group photo of us?" Paul suggests.

"Yeah." We all say at once and Paul gets the closest persons attention.

He hands her his phone and then we all get in position. Dan and Ty sit on top on the picnic table then me and Piper sit in-between their legs on the seats and Paul and Sally sit on opposite side of the table and lean into the middle in-front of us. Once we're done the girl counts down from three then we all smile. Once she's taken it we thank her and she goes back to her friends.

"Make sure you send us all that mate." Dan says.

"Yeah do, come on let me take a picture of all three of you." I say reaching for Pauls phone.

He passes me it and then all three lads stand in front of us arms round each others shoulders and they smile. I take the picture with my own smile on my face.

When they sit back down I see Tyler pull his hat down and when I look closer I see he has a tear in his eye.

"Hey guys, we'll be back in a bit I just need to talk to Ty. Is that ok?" I ask.

I get a chorus of yeahs and that's fines. I grab Tyler's hand and pull him up and away from the table. I carry on walking till we're in the school gardens. I sit us down on a bench and once we're sat I throw my arms around his neck.