Chapter 16

Today was Friday and ever since what Tyler said in the lunch room Monday, I hadn't been talking to him. He'd text me and I'd ignored them and at lunch I made sure to sit in a seat that he wouldn't be able to sit down next to me. I'd gotten myself in too deep with this whole friends with benefits thing and I had to get out before I go hurt. Yes I had feelings for him but he'd never have them back towards me. It was better to quit before it was too late.

I was sat in the library where I spend my spares when my phone vibrated.

Paul: Meet me in the Courtyard by the benches, need your help.

Well that was strange. Yeah me and Paul had each others numbers but we hardly text so I wondered what he'd need my help with. I pack my stuff into my bag and headed out towards where Paul had told me to meet him.

When I got there it wasn't Paul I could see but Tyler. he must of heard me approaching as he turned towards me.

"Hey S, sorry I got you out here on false pretences but I knew you wouldn't come if I text you off my phone." He said getting up and walking towards me.

"You got that right." I walked past him and went to sit on the bench he was siting on before.

Follows me and sits next to me. "Why are you mad at me Sam." He asks

"Am I not an option? Am I not good enough to be taken to prom by you?" I say.

"Is that why your mad, because I said I'd take the new girl to Prom?" He asks confused.

"Yeah, I was sat right next to you and you rubbed it in my face." I said looking down at the ground.

"Hey look at me," He said bringing my face up to look at him, "do you want to go to prom with Sammy?" He asks with a genuine look in his eyes.

"Serious?"

"Serious, I'll tell your brother, we can say it's as friends if that's what you want." He says with a small smile.

"Ok sure. I'll go to prom with you." I lean forward and give him a small peck.

"Right, no longer mad at me?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm no longer mad at you." I say smiling.

"I'm sorry Sam, I didn't think it'd affect you at all." He tells me.

"It's fine, it's in the past." Just then the bell goes for third lesson.

"I'll see you at lunch?" He asks me.

"Yeah you will." I say over my shoulder as I head to my third lesson.

...

Once third lesson is over I meet with Piper and Sally at my locker as usual and we head to the lunch room.

"What's got you all smiley?" Sally asks me.

"You'll find out soon enough." I tell her getting into the lunch line.

"Ok." She says giving Piper a weird look.

When we get to our table I sit next to Tyler and the girls sit next to their boyfriends. I start to eat when my brother starts to talk.

"So sis I hear you an Tyler are going to prom together." Dan says.

My friend's heads turn towards us waiting for my answer.

"Yeah we are but just as friends, is that ok?" I ask him

"Yeah, at least I know you'll be safe with Ty instead of being with some dick." He says with a laugh.