Chapter 18

We got to the plaza that specialised in dresses and tuxes for special occasions. There were about 3 shops that we could go in to look for dresses and hopefully we'd all be able to find one we liked that wasn't the same.

I parked the car and we walked to the closest one. When we entered we smiled at the women behind the counter and headed our separate ways to look for a dress. We'd talked about it on the way over and we decided that we all wanted short dresses this year and long next year.

The first rack I got to I saw the most amazing dress ever and I had a feeling that would be my prom dress. I picked it up to try on and then carried on looking. I picked a few more up and then headed to the changing rooms where we said we'd meet.

We all entered separate rooms and put on our first dress. I put on a purple dress that fastened at the top of the neck but had an open back. The top was fitting and then the bottom flared out down to mid thigh. I left the changing rooms and faced my girls.

Sally wore a baby pink one that went over the shoulder and showed of a bit of cleavage. Hers also went to mid thigh.

Piper had on a beige strapless dress that had a lace design going from the top of the dress to mid skirt. This stopped at her knees.

This process happened a few times till we'd tried on all the dresses we'd picked out. I told the girls to go ahead and that I was going to go pay but get the women to hold onto my chosen dress because I wasn't letting anyone know which one I'd chosen till Prom night so I'd come back for it tomorrow by myself.. And yes it was the one I saw first.

...

Two hours later the girls had both got their dresses and they suited them perfectly.

Piper's was a dark blue and it fastened round the back of her neck and the top was all bejewelled. the bottom was sort of pleated and puffy but not too out there. It stopped at mid thigh.

Sally's was a mix of pink, purple and white. It was made out of tulle and was strapless. The top was fitting and the colours went together perfectly. The where the bottom and top joined there was a bow then the bottom had different layers of tulle and it went to mid thigh also.

We were on our way back and the girls were trying to get me to break about what dress I'd bought.

"Oh come on, please tell us S, we won't tell anyone." Piper begged.

"Nope, I'm keeping it secret till prom night." I told them focusing on the road in front of me.

"Well how's Tyler supposed to match his tie if no one even knows what colour it is?" Sally questioned.

"I'm gonna go round to his after I've dropped you too off and tell him what colour and that's the only person who's going to know any detail. I'm also going to tell him to not tell anyone the colour." I said to them with a smug grin.

"Fine I give up." Piper says crossing her arms.

I just shake my head and turn up the music louder.

...

An hour later I'm pulling up to Tyler's. I park the car and walk up to his front door, knocking twice. A few seconds later the door to reveal Tyler topless.

"Hey babe." He says as I walk in.

"Hiya, did you get any acceptance letters today, Dan opened all his when we got home." I ask him sitting in the living room.

"Yeah I got them this morning, that's why I wanted you to come round, I wanted you here whilst I opened them." He tells me.

"Aw ok, where did you apply?" I ask.

"Stanford, Berkeley, NYU and Brown." He says picking up the envelopes from the coffee table.

"You and Dan only applied for one of the same? I ask.

"Yeah Berkeley, did he get in?" He asks with a hopeful tone.

"I'll tell you once you open yours." I say with a smile.

He nods his head and opens Brown first. I think this one was where his parents wanted him to go more than he wanted to go. He read the first couple of lines and shook his head, "I didn't get in." He says putting it down. Then he opens Berkeley. I think he was most hopeful of this one. "Yes, I got in, please tell me Dan did." He says with a giant smile.

"Yeah he did, he got into all of his put Dartmouth." I tell him with a smile.

He just nods his head and opens his last two quickly. He got into both. Once he'd done I wrapped my arms round his neck and gave him a hug. He engulfed me in his arms, hugging me back.

"Well done babe." I say, proud of him.

"Thanks." He pulls back and plants his lips on mine, kissing me. He pulls away he starts talking again. "Is Dan still thinking of community college?" He asks me.

"Yeah but I think me and piper have finally talked him out of it. I'll speak to him when I get home, tell him you got into Berkeley too, see if that helps at all." I tell him.

"And how will you explain that you know?" He asks

"I'll just say I came to tell you what colour my prom dress is so you know for your tie, it's red by the way, and that you asked me to stay whilst you opened you letters." I say smiling at him.

"Ok well you better be going, it's getting late, text me later?" He asks walking me to the door.

"Of course." Before he opens it he gives me another kiss and I respond instantly.

As I walk out he slaps my bum and I give him a playful glare. I get in my ar, send a small wave his way and make the rest of the journey home.

...

Ten minutes later I was walking in the house. "I'm home!" I shouted to let Dan know of my return.

"In here!" I hear him shout from the living room.

"Hey." I greet sitting down next to him on the sofa.

"Hey, where've you been, Piper told me you dropped her off 45 minutes ago." He questions me.

"I was just at Ty's, I was telling him the colour of my prom dress for his tie and he asked me to stay whilst he opened his college acceptance letters. I think he was kinda nervous." I tell him.

"He has all right to be, so how'd he do?" He asks me.

"He got all but Brown." I tell my brother with a slight hint of hopefulness that it'd help change his choice of community college.

"He got into Berkeley?" He asks looking at me wide eyed.

"Yeah, he did. How's the thinking going?" I ask him.

"Good, I'm gonna go ring Ty, see you in a bit sis." He says getting up and heading to the stairs.

"Alright." I say with a smile.

(A/N Hey, how was the chapter? And how's everyone enjoying the story? So where do tyou think the boys are going to go to college? I'd like to know your ideas so please comment them. The picture is Piper and Sally's dresses. I'm keeping Sammy's secret up until prom chapter. Remember to comment, like and vote.)