Chapter 20

So the past couple of weeks had passed in a blur but finals we're finally done and Prom was tonight. Then the seniors had one last week to finish their finals and it was then graduation. We still haven't found out where the guys re going for college and I'm starting to get impatient.

So because Prom was on a Saturday this year me and the girls had decided we were going to have a pamper day by getting our hair and nails done. At the moment we were at the mall food court having a little bit of lunch before the madness began.

"So do we finally get to know what dress you got?" Piper asked.

"No, you won't know till I've got it on tonight." I said taking a bite of my sandwich.

"I don't think I can eat anything, my stomach is in knots." Sally tells us, prodding at her salad.

"Shall we just head to the salon?" I asked.

They both agreed so we threw away our food and made our way through the mall to our destination. When we got there we told the women our names and she told us to take a seat whilst we waited. No more than five minutes later our names were called and we were directed to three open chairs. We sat and the women came over to us and started to make us over.

...

By the end of the pampering session I had my hair travelling down my back in long tight curls and long dark red nails. The girls still couldn't tell which dress I'd bought but they knew it was on of the two red ones I tried on.

Piper had her hair in a classy bun with a few strands of hair shaping her face and her nails were sparkling silver.

Sally had gone for a fishtail plait but her hair had been curled before it had been put into it. It also had some pearl like decorations in it. Her nails were cream with small baby pink flowers on them.

We said our goodbyes and drove our separate ways to finish getting ready. When I got home I could hear the shower going so I guessed Dan was in there. I went up to my room and turned on some music, starting my make up.

I first moisturised before applying concealer under my eyes to cover my dark bags. Next I applied my foundation followed by my cheek tint to give my face some colour. After I curled my eyelashes before applying two layers of mascara to make my eyes pop. Next came the eyeshadow where I did a Smokey eye effect. I made to sure to use the extra sparkly eyeshadow to add shine. I then filled in my eyebrows and added some fake eyelashes. The last thing I did was add some red lipstick.

As soon as my make up was done I walked to my closet and got out my prom dress. I slipped it on and zipped it on with minimum struggle. The dress was a dark maroon type red colour. It was strapless and looked like the material crossed over at the top where it was tight fitting. The bottom flowed down to mid thigh nicely showing of different layers of material to make it look like waves.

Just as I went to get my shoes there was a knock on the door.

"Don't come in Dan, I want everyone to see me when I arrive." I say hurriedly.

"Ok, well i'm going to go pick Piper up, I'll see you there?" He asks.

"Yeah, Tyler should be here soon." I tell him

"Ok, see ya later than Sis." He says and I hear his footsteps going down the stairs.

"Bye!" I shout to him.

When I hear the front door close and him drive off I go back to getting my shoes. There patent black with 3-4 inch heels. Once there on I stand in front of my mirror and admire myself. I think for once I actually look beautiful. I take my phone from my dressing table and take a picture. Then I put it in my black clutch along with my lipstick.