A Visit to the Ocean

Comincia dall'inizio

"Yah!" the expression on her face betraying shock, "You're terrible!"

"Were you surprised?" laughing because of her reaction.

"I suppose you think that's amusing?" feeling affronted.

"I merely accepted your challenge."

"You're not fooling me."

"Well, you opened the door...."

"Not for you to use anything as an excuse to make mischief."

"When was the last time I ever made mischief?"

"Last time?" she laughed feigning disbelief, "You haven't stopped."

Abruptly she stood, turned to face him and then extended her right hand to him.

"What's this?" suspicious she was up to something to get back at him.

"Just take my hand and whisper in my ear that I'm beautiful." she cooed.

"And then what?" dubious as he hesitantly took her hand in his.

He stood and whispered to her exactly what she'd wanted to hear.

"Come with me." she whispered suggestively and then lightly tugged his hand.

Sonia led Mac over to the edge of the bed, gave him a slow inviting kiss, released his hand and then just stood facing him.

She hadn't budged or said a word, and becoming all the more curious about what she wanted, he asked, "Now what?"

While giving him her invitation-card smile she placed her hands on his upper arms, and coaxing him into submission, she instructed, "Sit on the edge of the bed and wait there while I go get something."

Like a softened-up lump of Play-Doh he complied.

Sonia turned, sashayed back to the window, sat where she'd been resting before he walked in, picked up her magazine and began reading it again like he wasn't there.

Sonia turned, sashayed back to the  window, sat where she'd been resting before he walked in, picked up her  magazine and began reading it again like he wasn't there

Laughing in response to that look on his face, she warned, "The next time you decide to make mischief, don't mess with danger."

He'd been soundly reminded that she's very adept at playing clever little games with him, and now eager to change the subject as well as curious to find out something else, he questioned, "Why haven't you ever been to the ocean?"

"Ma's concerns about safety." and her countenance changed to serious.

"Okay. I understand."

He didn't understand but avoided pushing the subject thinking her reason probably had something to do with her being gumiho.

"But I've always wanted to go." repeating her desire to see the ocean.

He gazed at her for a moment and then proposed, "Let's go!"