25: A Parting Gift

Start from the beginning

When we walked in, one of the cabinets by the door had one of it's books removed, and the rug, THE RUG, was moved slightly on an angle! Not to mention multiple items were moved OUT OF PLACE! NOT how I left it! In the living room, the paintings are swapped around! Some moved slightly upwards, and others leaning on a tilt slightly to the left! WHAT IS THIS?! 
The dining room, the candles are also swapped! GARR I CAN'T HANDLE THIS! And the chairs... OH the chairs... WHY AREN'T THEY IN THE PERFECT SYMMETRICAL PLACES THAT I LEFT THEM!
Even in the kitchen things are switched, swapped, and moved from their original places! The bathroom brings me great horror. because... THE TRIANGLES ARE UNDONE! ALL THE WORK AND EFFORT I PUT INTO MAKING THEM, WASTED! But what inflicts the most damage to my poor heart, is the state my room was left in. My bed covers are pulled slightly pack in one corner, my pillows stacked to one side, ONE side. The curtains are hanging on one side also, it just... It shouldn't be like this! Everything is messed up! 

The whole house... Just looking at it...makes me feel sick!

"I think... I'm gonna hurl!"  I gasp, feeling my stomach churn and covering my mouth. My head feels light, and the room is spinning! This is too much! My brain can't cope with it! Is that an angel I see?

"Ooo what's this!" Patty exclaims in delight picking up a book that was at the end of my bed. I squint my eyes and look at it carefully. Black leather cover, gold writing that says Death The Kid...

Oh no. Not that book.

"Patty! Put it down!" I lunge forward to grab it but Liz takes it from her baby sister instead. "Oh good. Just pass it here, Liz," I heave a sigh of relief. She smirks and shakes her head.

"No way, I think I saw Sam's name in here. Let's see what we got here.."

She flicks through the pages and stops maybe three pages into the book. Ugh! No! Don't read it out loud!

"Roses are red," Oh boy... "Violets are blue, so are your eyes, and your hair is maroon,"

As she reads I cringe at my own writing! Did I really come up with this? Well... yes... But I have so many better poems than this one!

"Although we are different from our ways to our hair, when I'm with you I don't ever give a care."

"Please stop!" I beg.

"I didn't realise our little reaper could be so cheesy," Liz cringes.

"Yeah I know they're bad, okay!"

"HAHAHAHA KID'S IN LOVE!" Patty squeals. I can feel my face burning from the embarrassment.

"W-We shouldn't be focusing about that! What I want to know is who wrecked our house!" I say, looking around the room for some sort of clue. Liz snickers.

"I have a pretty good idea." The amusement in her voice was undeniable. She was enjoying this.

"Kid! Look at this!" Patty walks in front of me and hands me a piece of paper. "It's a note from Sam and Connor!" She beams.

Sam and Connor came back? And we were gone... Damn it! I could have made them stay! Ugh! "What's it say?" Liz asks. I examine the words myself before I read it aloud.

"Dear Death The Kid, Liz and Patty,

We came back to the Manor to tell you some vital information that we picked up on our small trip out, but you were gone when we got here. I don't know whether you believe us or not, but we promise, what we say is true. Hannah's belongings are gone. When she comes back at five, let her leave, and don't hold her back. If either of you accuse her of being Rowena, she will most likely kill you. Or torture you for a while, then kill you. Please do as we ask. It could save your life, and I for one don't want to save your ass again. 

By the way, I hope you like our parting gift. Your house looks much better this way, don't you think?

From Connor Monogue,
Love Samantha Aileen."

"So Connor and Sam came back, and Sam rearranged the house with you in mind? Aww ain't that sweet!" Liz smirks.

I ignore her comment deciding not to even bother with her right now. I want to focus on the letter right now. If we were to abide by what they've instructed, our lives will be spared, but... Connor and Sam's lives would be put in jeopardy. 

"Wow! So pretty!" Patty exclaims holding up another book. It seems familiar. Wait, didn't I get this book for Sam? It's the same sketch book. 

"Give me that," I demand and take it from Patty.

Whoa... What is this I'm looking at? I've never seen such fine art work! It's so... So well done, the lines are magnificent, it gives me shivers staring at it!

They're... They're my eyes that I see in the picture, made into the sky, or at least it gives that illusion. It has my eyes looking over a a dark forest and the silhouette of someone running through the trees. It's an extreme game of hide and seek.

"Did Sam draw that?" Liz asks. 

"I'd assume so, it has her signature written in the corner," I point out.

"Oh..."

We all stare at the picture in awe. Sam has such artistic skill. She can play piano, draw incredibly, and she fights like a trained professional. Ugh, I need to get her back! Maybe if we can stop Rowena, then that could be my way of repaying her.

"What are you going to do, Kid?" Liz asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you have two choices. One, dwell in the past and stay with this Hannah crush, or, Seize the moment while the day is still bright with The Lady Morgana."

I smirk a little. "Really, Liz, you make it far too easy. By the way, she prefers to be called Samantha."

Patty and Liz smile and I can't help but smile myself.

Everything erases when the three of us hear the front door open and close.

She's back...