Confession

I feel very apathetic to my friends who speak about how they have depression or anxiety.

It is very hard for me to connect with people on a emotional level due to the abusive household I live in. My father scares me to the point of me walking out of a room if I see him enter. My parents got divorced when I was 6 but the judge makes me go to my dad's house every other week.

I love my mom and step dad to death but the judge won't let me live full time with them. My dad used to beat up my brother and make me watch before he moved out. I have called the police on my dad before so he won't lay a hand on me.

My dad is very neglectful, I don't have enogth clothes by him so i take from my moms house (which she is ok with). Sometimes I also go to bed hungry still having barely eaten for most of the day.

My step mom steals money from my family and she could care less about me. When she was having an affair with my dad she would steal jewelry and money from my mom.

Once 3 years ago we went away on vacation for 3 days, Of course I mostly stayed in the hotel room. I have a sever fish allergy. I cannot eat any fish and if I do my throat can close up, my mouse could swell up, or my mouth painfully itches. My dad did not believe that I actually had a fish allergy during this time. He told me I could not eat dinner till I tried his salmon burgers. Being given the choice to starve or get a allergic reaction I just went for the risk. Of course I ended up having my mouth swelled up but my dad would not give me the medicine. I had some in my backpack so after 5 minutes I managed to take it. If I did not have that medicine in my bag I could have died.

I could write more and more about my situation but I am very tiered and it is 2:00 am. I could not sleep because it is 100 degrees in my room. 

The bottom line is because of my situation I find it very hard to connect with people and empithize.