Chapter 13

Jennel’s POV

“Hey Jen, I haven’t heard from Nicole, so I’m guessing she’s not coming.” Demi shouted from the kitchen. The disappointment evident in her voice.

“Hey baby. Where’s Josh?” I yelled back.

“Upstairs.” She replied. I whispered to Nicole to stay where she was in the living room, I walked into the kitchen. “Dinners almost ready.” Demi said when she saw me.

“That’s good, I’ll set up the table then.” I laid the table for four and poured some drinks. When Demi started to dish up I disappeared to fetch Josh. Nicole hid in the music room. We’ve silently agreed to surprise them.

“Josh, dinner!” I called at the top of the stairs.

“Coming!” He called back. We made our way downstairs and sat round the table.

“Why did you put out four places?” Demi asked.

“Sorry, I forgot you said Nicole wasn’t coming.” We started to eat. After a few minutes the music room door creaked open.

“What was that?” Demi asked looking towards the doorway.

“Probably just a door creaking Dem.” I dismissed it, knowing it was Nicole. After a minute Josh let out a little squeal.

“NICNIC!” He shouted, jumping up from his seat and running to her as she walked through the doorway.

“Hey little man.” She said giving him a big hug. “I’ve missed you.”

Demi’s POV

What?! She’s here. Wow. Okay, how the hell did this happen? I shot Jennel a ‘what the fuck’ look. “Hi Nicole, I’m glad you could make it. That was a nice surprise.” I said.

“Hello Demi. Thank you for having me.” She replied smiling. “Um, I don’t have any food cooked for you because I didn’t think you were coming. I’m really sorry.” I said awkwardly.

“That’s okay.” She said, taking the empty place at the table. She spent dinner talking to Josh. Afterwards Josh headed to bed because it was getting late and the three of us were sitting in the living room.

“Do you want to stay the night? If not I can take you somewhere else?” Jennel asked Nicole.

“Is it okay if I stay?” she asked looking at me. I nodded,

“Of course, your stuff is still in your room.”

“Thanks.”

“Are you planning on staying with Sapphire?” I asked abruptly. Nicole and Jennel exchanged a look between them.

“Erm, no. Not really.” She said. I’m missing something. But what? “How has Josh been?” she asked.

“Josh has been fine, he’s missed you but he’s fine. He’s getting his school work done and he’s stayed at a friend’s the other day.” Jennel replied.

“That’s good, thank you for looking after him.” She said smiling.

“Listen, Nicole. I don’t know what the deal with you and this Sapphire woman is but I want you back here, for good if you’ll let it be. But I’ll also support your decision if you don’t want anything to do with me.” I told her, tears in my eyes.

Nicole’s POV

I really want to live with Demi again. This is the only place I feel safe now. Saph- I mean, Sophie’s place doesn’t really appeal to me anymore. I feel more betrayed by her than I do Demi. Demi makes me feel like I belong and that I'm actually kind of wanted around here. But after her show the other day, I'm more than sceptical.