Chapter 2

Demi's POV

I was woken up by the buzzing of my alarm. I quickly hit the button to turn it off. I yanked back the duvet and pulled myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and then got in the shower. I washed my body and hair and got out, wrapping a towel around my body. I dried myself off and then wrapped the towel around my hair.

Walking into my room, I made my way to my drawers. I pulled out a matching pink lace bra and pants set and put them on. Next I went to my wardrobe. I pulled out a black knee length pencil skirt and a red blouse with showed off my cleavage a little. I pulled then on and then sorted out my hair and makeup. I decided upon leaving my hair natural. I put on some eye makeup and some red lipstick.

I opened my curtains and looked out onto the street below me. It had been raining and the pavement was filled with puddles. I quickly made my bed and went downstairs. I made my self some toast and poured a glass of juice before sitting down in front of the tv and watching the news. Why is the news so boring? I feel like because I'm twenty I should be watching these things but no. I switched it over to Kerrang! the music station and returned to the kitchen. I washed up whilst holding my own little concert. They were playing All Time Low- Lost In Stereo. My mind wandered back to yesterday with Nicole.

Nicole's POV

I woke up bang on six. I rolled over and sure enough there was Josh. He often sneaks into my room at night. I got out of bed quietly so that i didn't wake him and went to get washed. I quickly got dressed in my uniform and went to wake up Josh.

"Josh..wake up baby." I cooed. He began to stir, so I gave him a gentle shake. He yawns heavily and his eyes slowly flutter open.

"Morning NicNic!" he said cheerily. This kid has too much enthusiasm for half six in the morning.

"Morning Joshy. Did you sleep well?" I asked him. He just nodded. "Go get a shower and put your uniform on. I'll sort out your bag and make you some breakfast." I left my room and headed towards his. I stopped outside mums room and listened. I couldn't hear anything from inside, so I peaked my head around the door. Nope, nothing. She wasn't home. Great. We're seriously low on food and I don't have any money. She's got to come home soon right? I went to Josh's room and found his books and homework for today.

I brought both our bags downstairs and poured him a bowl of cereal and both of us a glass of water. He  soon joined me at the table.

"We've run out of milk, so you've got dry cereal I'm afraid." I told him. He started whining.

"That's not fair, I wont eat it." he said pushing the bowl away.

"Josh you need to eat it. When mum comes home we'll have more milk alright?"

"Why cant we have milk now though?" he asked me.

"Because I don't have the money to buy us any and mum hasn't left us any." I told him. "Eat up or we're going to be late for school.". I finished my drink and washed it up. Josh brought over his bowl and glass and i washed those up as well. We grabbed our coats and bags and put on our shoes. I locked the front door and we began the half hour walk to school. I had to drop Josh off before walking to my own school. Unfortunately they're about quarter of an hour away from each other. It was raining hard before we got to Josh's school and his coat had a huge hole in it, so I took off mine and wrapped it around his shoulders.

Eventually we got to the gates and we said our goodbyes before I left him to get to school. The rain was only coming down harder by now. "Crap." I muttered to myself. Josh still has my coat. When I arrived at school i was absolutely soaked. I made my way to form and  sat next to the radiator. Its not on but its far warmer than I am. My form tutor said something about people being moved around forms due to new staffing or something. And then the bell rang for first period; physical education. Outside, in the rain, playing football.