Chapter 12

Nicole's POV

"Nic, wake up.." I was shaken awake by Sapphire. "Come on, you need to get up its seven." she said walking towards the door.

 "Urgh." I groaned before checking the time on my phone, 7:05am. Great another seven hours to spend  in a building full of the people I hate.

"I'll cook you some breakfast. We need to talk." she said before disappearing downstairs. I got out of bed and shuffled over to her bathroom. I grabbed a towel from the cupboard and stripped out of my clothes. I stood under the hot shower and admired the products she had; almost as many as Demi! I selected an orange smelling shampoo and conditioner and put it through my hair, before selecting a purple shower gel and lathering it on my body, being careful of my cuts. I washed off my body and shut off the water before climbing out of the shower and drying myself.

Shit, my uniform is outside. I cant go down there in just the towel, I'm gonna have to get dressed again. I pulled back in the clothes from last night and ran through the house until i was outside. I ignores her shouts and headed straight for the little house. I entered and grabbed my uniform. I undressed once again and put on my uniform. I grabbed my phone charger and school bag before walking back to the house.

"Ready to eat?" Sapphire greeted me.

"Yep." we sat as we had done the previous night. I ate the pancakes she had made me and drank the apple juice.

"About last night, I'm really sorry I got like that." she said looking down at the table.

"Don't be, I mean we both let it go on for a while. We both wanted it I guess." I replied.

"It was just a drunk mistake."

"At least you stopped when I said though." I pointed out.

"Yeah, but only because you told me how old you really were. You told me you were eighteen. Why'd you lie to me?" she asked not sounding at all angry. Why isn't she angry?

"I thought that if you knew I was under eighteen your make me go back home to my parents." I said shakily.

"Nicole, I would never force you to go anywhere you didn't want to go. Especially not back to them after how they have treated you." she said smiling reassuringly. "I'll give you a lift to school."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I've got nothing else to do, plus the little one is with a friend and they're doing the school run this morning."

"Thank you Saph." I replied before clearing up my plate. "Leave that, go dry your hair and we'll leave." I walked back up to her room and dried my hair. I styled it slightly but it still looked like crap. I need a decent cut badly. I grabbed my phone from the table I left it on last night. I switched it on and headed downstairs. Two new messages, Demi.

Demi: 'I didn't mean it quite like that.'

That was from last night. And then about ten minutes ago.

Demi: 'Am I going to see you today?'

'Yes, but just remember I can disappear through the door just as quick as I can walk in.'

That made more sense in my head.

Demi: 'Thank you. I think you might like what I have to say.'

Why would I like what you have to say? Unless you're going to tell me you'll leave me alone, I very much doubt it Lovato.

We arrived outside the school gates, I opened the door to get out. I turned to face Sapphire,

"Tha-"