24: Not a day over 10

Start from the beginning

"Sam, i think you need to calm down. She's a childhood friend, I'm not kicking her out when she needs me." His tone was becoming slightly pissed off. Not good. If I tell him she's Rowena, he won't believe me. We all saw her get crushed by a pile of rubble, but that doesn't really mean she's dead. Knowing my sister, she's got a whole bunch of tricks up her sleeve.

"We're not safe around here, alright?! She's not the Hannah you know!"

"Of course she isn't. It has been five years."

I run a hand through my hair frustrated. Connor begins walking out of the room, leaving kid and I on our own.

"Listen to me, Kid. She's a witch. Not Hannah."

Kid glares at me. Wow, that hurts. "I see," he says, easing a little with a small smirk. "You're jealous of the attention I'm giving her."

IS HE SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!

I'm about to explode. Jealous, at a time like this?! Maybe before I found out that my rival is actually dead, but now, I don't have the time to be jealous! I need to hit something before I end up back handing Kid! I throw my fist past kid and hit the wall, busting a hole straight through. My fist punctured through, representing my anger.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Kid screams, "AT LEAST DO THE OTHER SIDE!"

"Nope," I say quietly. my breathing is uneven and my heart feels like it's got an anvil on top of it. "She isn't Hannah. Hannah died five years ago from the Kishin incident five years ago. Your dad didn't want to tell you she passed because he didn't want to hurt your feelings, so he said she moved to Germany. I'm being serious, that the girl from your childhood, the girl you first fell in love with, isn't the girl that now lives with you. It's a witch. It's Rowena. The witch that wants my me killed for my powers, the witch that wants to force Connor to work alongside her. If you won't kick her out, then say goodbye to Connor and I, because we're leaving."

I let out a shaky breath and pat Kid on the shoulder as a goodbye. I blink a watery substance in my eyes away, and leave Kid to process everything. He stares at me in shock and disbelief, but right now, I have bigger things to worry about then his mental state. If Connor and I leave, then there'll be no reason for Rowena to stay here.

Before I exit the room, as a parting gift, I punch that other hole in the wall, just for him. I don't bother packing any of the clothes he got me, nor the teddy bear.

Connor leaves everything behind as well. All we need is our strength and skill, and maybe... Maybe the tiniest bit of magic to help us sustain ourselves. If we have that, nothing can knock us down. 

Liz and Patty both cry when we tell them. They're the only ones seeing us leave. Kid was still in the ball room, and Rowena was elsewhere, doing something for the reaper, all to gain his trust that little bit more. She's a good actor, so the sooner Connor and I get away, the sooner she'll have no need to stay at Gallows Manor. 

I don't know if by leaving I break my dads promise, but as I have thought countless times before, how do I fulfill something without knowing what to do? We're leaving, for the sake of other lives. That's all that matters.

***

Kid's P.O.V: 

My body was shaking. I can't stop it. What Samantha said can't be true. It can't. Living in my own home can't be dangerous. She's wrong, but this fear and sadness I feel makes me think otherwise. I'm torn with who to believe! Take a deep breath Kid, calm. Just calm down. Sam doesn't know what she's talking about. She doesn't know Hannah, she's just jealous, right?

As cute as it is, I can't dwell. She and Connor just left. They're deadly serious. It could be that they're paranoid and they're letting it get the best of them?