taxi cab

Sometimes we will die and sometimes we will fly away. Either way you're by my side until my dying days.

November 22nd, 2014

--Kiva's P.O.V--

"Marry me."

Those two little words were something I didn't expect to hear in a lifetime, let alone when I was only seventeen years old. However, Tyler made it quite clear that we weren't any ordinary couple.

He proposed to me at one of his basketball tournaments in front of hundreds of people, including my brother, Shawn, and his family. The moment he got down on one knee, producing a black box from behind his back, I covered my face with my hands and began to cry. When the words 'Kiva Josephine Vasilisa, will you marry me?' left his mouth, I couldn't even find enough breath to say yes.

I ended up just nodding my head through the tears and I would never forget the huge grin that appeared on Tyler's face as he pulled me into his arms while everybody clapped.

All of that seemed so long ago, but in reality, it happened a little over two months ago.

Now, it was our wedding day and we were getting married on my eighteenth birthday.

I wasn't very keen on the idea of getting married on the same day as my birth, but Tyler insisted that November 22nd was the perfect day because it was close to his birthday as well. When he told Josh the date we had picked, Josh made a joke about birthday sex, causing Tyler to turn as red as a tomato and causing me to hit his red-headed best friend in the back of the head.

"Hey, Kiva?" I turned my head to Tyler's mother step into the room, her eyes widening as she saw my dress. "You look so beautiful!"

"Thank you, Kelly," I responded, my hands shaking slightly due to nervousness

Kelly gave me a reassuring smile as she pulled me into a hug. "Don't worry, honey. Everyone's nervous on their wedding day. You should see how Tyler's doing. You are handling everything much better than him."

I chuckled, pulling away from her. "I'm not surprised honestly."

I took a few deep breaths, trying to calm my fast beating heart as Kelly spoke once again. "So how do you feel now that you are almost a Joseph instead of a Vasilisa?"

"I'm ready to marry your son without a doubt. I'm ready to be a Joseph, but I'm forever going to be a Vasilisa. I will forever take pride in that name."

Kelly sighed, surveying me up and down. "Kiva, your dad would have been proud to walk you down the aisle."

"I know. Believe me, I know."