fall away

It's taking a toll on my soul. I'm screaming submission.

March 26th, 2013

--Kiva's P.O.V--

"Isaac, I don't want to argue with you anymore," I said as we slowed to a walk, letting multiple people run passed us in the gym. "You need to get your act together or we both are going to be screwed."

My little brother groaned, flipping his red hair out of his eyes

My little brother groaned, flipping his red hair out of his eyes. "Kiva, I don't need you to keep looking out for me. I'm doing fine. You don't need to keep lecturing me."

"I'm your sister. It's my job to lecture you. Besides, you really think you are doing fine? You stood up in the middle of Bible class and said you were sick of religion. That's fine?"

"This school shoves it down our throats," he retorted. "Just because our parents believed and enrolled us in this school, doesn't mean we have to agree with what they are teaching us."

I crossed my arms over my chest, trying to phrase my words nicely. "Isaac, you're my brother and I love you. That's why I don't question you or your beliefs, but I'm starting to worry. I'm your older sister and I'm supposed to take care of you."

My brother smiled, resting his arm across my shoulders. "Kiva, I love you a lot, but I'm okay. So please butt out of my business. I don't walk around and ask you about things that you don't want to talk about."

"I just want you to understand that you need to fly under the radar for awhile. The only reason you didn't get in trouble the last time was because I faked cried and begged."

Isaac chuckled. "I always enjoyed your fake crying bit. It worked on everyone."

"It even worked on you a few times as well if I remember correctly," I remarked, shoving his arm off the top of my shoulders.

Isaac and I began to speed up as the gym teacher shot us a dirty look. "Have you tried the fake crying on your dear friend, Tyler, yet? I'm sure he'll fall for it easily."

My brother was prone to be a judgmental person and although, I didn't agree with it, I understood where it came from. However, his judgement towards Tyler confused me beyond belief. Isaac and him never had formally met one another. They haven't even spoke; the only interaction they had with one another was seeing each other in the hallways.

"I don't understand what your problem is with Tyler. He's done nothing to you so, but whatever." I shrugged my shoulders, not really wanting to fight with my brother.

Isaac didn't respond as his attention was focused on a kid that had just fell a little ways in front of us, hitting his head against the gym floor in the process. His friend, whom I recognized as Josh Dun, was attempting to help him up.