friend please

Petrified of who you are and who you have become. You will hide from everyone, denying you need someone.

June 15th, 2013

Kiva's P,O.V--

"So you are going on a date with Tyler?"

I turned to see Isaac standing in the doorway of my room, his arms crossed over his chest. An angry and annoyed look was plastered on his face; his red hair sticking up in all directions giving away the fact that he had just woken up from his nap.

"Yeah, he's picking up in about fifteen minutes," I responded, slipping a pair of hoops into my pierced ears.

"What am I supposed to do when you are gone?" He asked, plopping down onto my bed.

"Since mom is working night shift, go over to Shawn's. Tyler and I can swing by and grab you when he's taking me home or you can stay the night with Shawn."

My younger brother groaned, stuffing his face into one of my pillows. "You've been spending so much time with Tyler lately. Why?"

"Because he's my friend and I like being around him," I explained, slipping a white blazer over my black t-shirt. "Why are you even curious about what is going on in my life? Normally, you are extremely bored by the details of my life."

Isaac lifted his face from my pillow and released a breath. "I never ask about your life because the last boyfriend you had I absolutely despised, so I didn't want to hear about anymore. Then Tyler came into the picture and it's nearly impossible to ignore him now so."

I turned my head towards my brother, my eyebrows raised. "What do you mean impossible to ignore him? You hardly ever see him."

"Well, you are always with him. Ever since you met him, I've gotten more texts and calls from you that are asking me to go over to Shawn's."

My brother didn't lift his head from my pillow as he spoke to me and I was guessing that he didn't want me to see his face. "You love going over to Shawn's and you are practically over there constantly anyway. So what's your deal?"

He didn't say anything, but I heard him sigh. "Isaac, just come out and say it. There's something wrong and I can't fix it unless you tell me what is bothering you."

My younger brother groaned and rolled over onto his back, staring up at my ceiling. "It's just that Tyler has been taking up your entire free time since like March or something. It just feels like I'm getting shoved off on Shawn until you come home. I don't like it."

My brother's response was something I didn't expect as I smoothed down my white sweater before sitting down beside him. "Jealousy isn't a good color on you, Isaac." I reached out to stroke his red bangs out of his eyes.

He sat up and leaned his forehead against my shoulder. "I know jealousy is bad and I understand I shouldn't be feeling it, but I've always been your number one. Now that Tyler is around, I've become your number two. And since you guys are dating now, it's probably going to get worse and I don't want to be left behind, Kiva. Please don't leave me behind."

I knew my brother loved me, but other times I swore he absolutely hated my guts. However, that's how siblings were supposed to act around one another. Brothers preferred to be left alone by their sister and I thought my brother was the same way. Shockingly, he wasn't. He wanted to be around me. He wanted me to take care of him.