trapdoor

He pretends that he's okay but you should see him in bed late at night, he's petrified.

December 12th, 2013

--Kiva's P.O.V--

I was a bit wary about the idea of living with Shawn and his mother considering the fact that neither Isaac nor I have had an authority figure in our lives for a long time. I wasn't really sure how we were going to adjust.

Isaac adjusted quite well to rooming with Shawn while it seemed like I was the one that couldn't adapt. Besides, I found it strange that Mrs. Giles insisted that she bring child services into the picture instead of just throwing my mom out of the picture entirely. However, she assured me that I didn't need to worry about anything that was happening legally. I just needed to stay focused on school and everything else that I cared about in my life. That included Tyler.

It was hard to face him after we had that fight. I couldn't stand the fact that he knew about my home life and I understood that he just wanted to help, but I didn't want him to be involved, I didn't want him to see the other side of me; the side that wasn't so carefree.

A couple weeks went by before I could even gather up the nerve to talk to him about everything. I was afraid that he was going to dump me because of the way I acted, but of course, he did the exact opposite.

Tyler held his arms open for a hug and I accepted it automatically with a sigh of relief. He buried his face in my hair, not uttering a word, just enjoying my presence and I did the same. A few seconds later, he pulled away from me, his hands moving up to cup my face.

"I was so worried about you, Kiva," he whispered. "You weren't answering my calls or texts. You were ignoring Josh as well. I was worrying so much that I made myself physically sick."

"I'm sorry," I said, quietly. "I'm so sorry. I was scared about what you were going to think of me. I didn't know if you were going to break up with me."

"Kiva, baby, we all have our demons," he responded. "We all have something that we are hiding from everybody else and I'm your boyfriend and I love you with every fiber of being which means it is going to take more than this to make me go away."

I was shocked to find tears dripping down my cheeks. Tyler gently wiped them away as I spoke. "Thank you for staying around this long, Tyler. I love you more than you will ever know."

He smiled before pulling my face towards his, our lips colliding with one another. I fell backwards against the pillows on Tyler's bed, his body on top of mine. Our lips moved together in sync and the slight stubble on Tyler's face tickled my cheek.

My legs wrapped themselves around his waist as I pulled him closer to me. A grunt left his lungs as I tangled my hands into his hair that desperately needed to be cut. The next thing I knew Tyler's lips were on my neck and a quiet gasp escaped my body.

My head tilted back slightly as my mouth opened in an O shape. Tyler wanted me to be the one who kept self-control, but I honestly didn't care. I wanted to give into the temptation. I was ready to give into the temptation.

Suddenly the feeling of his lips disappeared and I opened my eyes to see him sitting on the edge of his bed, breathing heavily.

"The temptation gets stronger and stronger every single time," he remarked, turning his head to look at me, his eyes trailing to my neck. A smirk found its way onto his face. "However, that hickey on your neck is giving me a sense of pride."

I chuckled, throwing a pillow in his direction. "Yeah, thanks for that. Now I have to worry about hiding it."

"Hey, you weren't complaining when it was happening!"