oh ms. believer

Please, take my hand, we're in foreign land as we travel through snow, together we go.

November 5th, 2013

--Kiva's P.O.V--

So far my junior year was going okay. No drama was going down and my grades were in good shape. Plus, Fueled by Ramen allowed Tyler and Josh to stay in Ohio to record their debut album which meant that I didn't have to worry about Tyler leaving anytime soon.

The album, which was going to be called Vessel, was halfway done. Tyler refused to give me anymore details other than that. He wanted me to be surprised like all the other fans, so I was forbidden to hang out around him and Josh when they were recording. That upset me quite a bit at first, but to make it up to me, Tyler gave me an early birthday present since my birthday was in late November. It was an album that he had recorded by himself just for me.

It was basically Twenty One Pilots' self-titled album and it was utter brilliance. I wasn't surprised to find that a song he wrote for me called Oh, Ms. Believer was featured on the CD. That by far had to be my favorite track, but even though I loved Tyler's voice, I began to worry about the lyrics.

I had heard Twenty One Pilots perform countless times, but something I didn't focus on until later was the lyrics. The lyrics were unbelievably dark and just give off an overall  feeling of sadness and anger. I began to wonder about how the happy Tyler I knew could write songs that deep. That's when I realized that he definitely wasn't so happy as I expected.

One day in September, I explained to him my concerns and he promised me that he was fine. Nothing was wrong and he was happy. Tyler was the king of hiding and lying, but I didn't question him farther.

Besides, he started to become more busy with the album and Isaac started needing my help with homework more, causing us to not be able to see each other as much. Today was the first day we had hung out in weeks. Luckily, Kelly allowed me to stay over.

I was about to fall asleep when somebody tried to pull the blankets away from my grasp. "Kiva, sweetheart, please come outside with me."

"I don't want to go outside, Tyler," I mumbled as he yanked at the covers that were pulled over my head. "It's cold."

"Come on, babe," Tyler begged. "Please. This is the first snow of the year. This is the first snow that has happened since I first moved here. I want to experience it with you."

He finally uncovered my head and planting a kiss on my nose. "There's my lovely girl."

I groaned in response. "Tyler, it's eleven at night. Why do you want to go outside now?"

"Because I can't sleep. Kiva, please just humor me." The pouty look on my boyfriend's face made me agree to  get up almost instantly.

"Fine, I'll go outside with you." I threw back the blankets as Tyler pulled me into a grateful kiss.

"Have I ever told you how great you are?"

"Whatever you say, Tyler."

•••

"Tyler, I'm cold," I complained for the fifth time in five minutes. "When are we going to go inside?"

He turned to me, a big smile plastered on his face. "I know that you are cold, but this is the first snowfall we've had all year, Kiva. Isn't it great?" He reached down to grab a clump of snow and he begun to shape it into a snowball. "See, first snowfall and it's already sticking."