Book One; Chapter 38

Start from the beginning

“No, we really have to get back-”

“Sure!” I cut him off. I gave him a glare. Why is he being like this?

Harry ran his hands through his hair and walked with us. Our feet crunched on the pine as we made our way through the woods.

“So…are you excited to go to LA?” I broke the silence.

“Cut the shit Aria,” she said. Woah, total mood swing. I stopped in my tracks.

“Excuse me?” I turned my head.

“You know exactly what I am talking about.”

“No I don’t…”

“Aria come on, we shouldn’t be here,” Harry grabbed my hand.

I didn’t budge. “Oh Aria, sweet, little, innocent, stupid Aria,” she smirked.

“Let’s go, Aria!” Harry kept trying to pull me. I didn’t move.

“No Harry, I think it’s time to tell her…” she smirked once again.

“Tell me what?”

“Nothing! Let’s go!” he raised his voice.

“Harry, should I tell her? Or should you?”

“Taylor, DON’T,” he gritted his teeth.

“Somebody just tell me what’s going on!” I screamed.

“Harry doesn’t love you,” she dryly stated.

“What are you talking about? Yes he does,” I retorted.

I looked to Harry and his face went pale as he hung his head.

“Harry, say something…”

 “Let me tell you something, Aria. I used to date this guy named Nick,” Taylor randomly stated.

What does this have to do with anything?

“It was our seven month anniversary, and I decided to have sex with him. To give myself to him. I really thought I loved him. The morning after, he broke up with me. The next day I saw him sucking face with some bitch at school named Aria. I was completely ruined. Are you following me?”

I gulped, “Yes.” I am in deep shit right now. I didn’t know any of this.

“I made it my mission to ruin that girl named Aria. She needed to know what it felt like to be broken. What it felt like to be loved when the other person is really lying. So I found out more about her, and followed her to camp one summer.”

This can’t be happening. No, not to me. I must be dreaming. I must be caught up in some horrid nightmare.

“Harry, I think you should explain the rest to her, it will mean more.” She smirked.

“I’m so sorry,” he whispered. His eyes were begging for mercy.

My heart was sinking. What is going on?

“It was a night before a big concert…I was stressed. I took some pills and drank some beer. It was a huge mistake…” He confessed.

“So I happened to be at that concert and snuck backstage. I saw Harry when he was getting high and drunk at the same time, so I recorded it on video,” Taylor spoke back up.

“I was broken. Completely broken. I just wanted someone to love me. So I used this to my advantage. I decided to make a deal with him. If he had sex with me, I would get rid of the video.”

“…And you agreed to this?” I whispered to Harry. I could hear the sadness in my own voice.

“Yes,” he gave a shameful nod.

“After that, I thought she deleted the video. I went on with my life.”

“I learned that you, Aria, were going to come to this camp. I had saved that video and I decided to blackmail Harry again with it. I had to show up and finally get my revenge.”

“Your song…” I whimpered. My eyes started to water and I became choked up.

“She forced me to…” he started to cry again, “I had no choice. I am such a fuck up…I am so sorry.”

 “That’s right Aria. I blackmailed him into loving you. And you fell. So. Fucking. Fast.” She gritted her teeth.

My heart feels as if it was shatter. I am completely torn apart.

“But…the whole ‘Harry is mine’ thing was an act? Being my friend was an act?” I started to cry harder.

“Glad you caught on!” she gave a sweet smile.

All the air was sucked out of me. Our whole love was a lie to him. He didn’t love me. He didn’t care.

“How could you?” I took a step toward him.

“How could you lead someone on to believe that they love you? How could you agree to hurt someone?!” my face was soaked with tears. I have never been this hurt before. Nick didn’t even hurt me this bad.

“It was going to ruin my reputation. I’m sorry..” he whispered.

“Sorry? Sorry?! Sorry isn’t going to cut it! I gave you my fucking virginity Harry!” I screamed.

“I am not mad at Taylor. I am mad at you! I hate you!” I slapped him across the face.

 “And you…” I turned to face Taylor and clenched my fists, “You need to go to a mental hospital because you are a fucking psycho.”

I need to get out of here. I ran until my legs felt like they were going to give out. I collapsed to the ground in the middle of the woods and cried my heart out. I brought my knees to my chest and let the tears fall.

*
*
*
*

* * * * *

A/N

I am so sorry.

COMMENT AND VOTE