Ch 1. three months later(part 1)

Sammy POV

Three months later and Annabel still refuses to talk to me. She does not pick up my phone calls. When she sees me, she either passes me straight or walks a different way. She does not know it but I gave her some of my soldiers to watch her. I refuse to let Annabel be kidnapped again.

My dad gave me the title of godfather a month after saving Annabel, which makes Danny the underboss meaning my second-in command. I have been consuming myself with mafia business and our moving business so I am barely at home. I spend so many nights here that most of my clothes is here and I had both a bedroom and a bathroom (one that includes a shower) installed. Whenever I look in my family faces including Danny I can tell they want to say something but they do not. They probably think my actions are unhealthy but this is my way to cope. I just need a distraction and consuming myself with work helps. In addition, everything is going great with both businesses so they should all be happy. The key word is should.

Annabel is still Christina's friend. Since Annabel forgives Christina, the other wildcats forgave her as well. Her arm is now healed. She had it in a cast for a month because it was broken. Since she was out of medical school for a month because of the kidnapping, our doctor Jim wrote a note to the school saying Annabel was in a coma for a month so that's why she missed school. They obviously believed it because Jim is a legit doctor so she was not kicked out of school. Jim is actually famous since he is one of the best doctors in the state. However, no one knows that he is actually on the Italian mafia's payroll. The mafia needs a doctor in our line of work and we only hire the best so he is it.