The 1st Morning

Nadie rubbed her eyes and swung her legs over the edge of her bed. Suddenly, she realized where she was. Her stomach lurched as she regained her balance and narrowly avoided falling to the ground. That'll take some getting used to, she thought. She went down the ladder on her bed and checked her watch, which was sitting on her desk. It was only six o'clock. She had an hour until breakfast. Luckily, she hadn't woken anyone else up yet. She began to empty her luggage and sort the items. A couple of shirts and jeans were haphazardly folded and stuffed in the back of one of her drawers. Her extra uniform and robes followed. She set aside the other set for the day. As she did so, she noticed that a board on their door was being written on, seemingly with an invisible hand. She abandoned her luggage and approached the door. Nadie soon realized that the board was showing the day's schedule. She hurried back to her luggage, grabbed a quill and a spare piece of parchment, and began to copy it down.

7:00- Breakfast in the Lower Great Hall

8:00- Charms in the Lower North Tower

9:00- Transfiguration in the Upper South Tower

Great, Nadie muttered. It sure would be a stretch to get there on time.

10:00- Herbology in the Southeast Garden

11:00- Flying Lessons in the Northeast Courtyard

Nadie had a sinking suspicion that this would not be her best subject.

12:00- Lunch in the Lower Great Hall

1:00- History of Magic in the Upper North Tower

2:00- Potions in the Lower South Tower

"Seriously!" Nadie grumbled.

3:00- Defense Against the Dark Arts in the Upper Great Hall

4:00- Study Hall in the Library or Common Rooms

Nadie assumed that not everyone would be studying during this time.

6:00- Dinner in the Lower Great Hall

7:00- Free Time

8:00- Astronomy

Well, good thing I'm a night owl, she thought.

9:00- Curfew (Return to your common room).

It was going to be a busy day. Nadie pulled out her copy of the rule book and bookmarked the page with the map. Then, she added it to her rucksack. She added the rest of her schoolbooks, and a couple of extras, including a guide to flying and A No-Maj-Born's Guide to the Wizarding World. She had made a cover for this one. Nadie knew she was lucky to be a witch, and she wasn't really ashamed of her blood status. However, she didn't want her peers to assume that she was clueless. The book was very useful, though, and she had already read it cover to cover. She put a few quills, ink and a roll of parchment in the front pocket. Well, she was going to have a fun time carrying this around. Nadie put the rest of her books in a neat stack next to her desk and her extra quills, ink, and parchment in the desk drawer. She put her violin and music in her last empty drawer, wondering if she'd ever make time to play it. Nadie spotted Carmen napping in one of the chairs in the center of the room and went over to her.
"Hey, Carmen!" she whispered, and fed her a few treats. She looked around the room a bit more. There was a giant bay window on the side furthest from the door. The left and right walls had 2 beds each, with Nadie and Gretchen on the left and Katerina and Lilith on the right. Everything was decorated with coral and yellow, from the curtains to the rugs. Nadie looked up to find a mural of a dolphin on the ceiling. She had never seen a room this nice before.

"I just can't believe it," she whispered to Carmen. Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Good morning, early bird," Gretchen said, yawning. "That window sure lets in a lot of light." To Nadie's dismay, Gretchen untied the ropes holding back the curtains and watched them swing over the glass. "Well, I'll be going back to bed."

"Certainly, not," Nadie said. "It's almost time for breakfast! And don't you want to unpack?" Gretchen responded by climbing up the ladder and putting her face under a pile of pillows. "Alright, then," Nadie muttered. Nadie fished her cosmetics bag out of the bottom of her luggage, grabbed her uniform, and searched for the bathroom. She went out of her bedroom and looked down the girls hall. As expected, there was room after room after room. She trekked on until she reached the very end, where she found the bathroom. Rows of sinks covered one wall. Stalls covered the rest of the perimeter, and showers were arranged in a ring in the center. Nadie spotted a couple of girls at the sinks, but aside from that, it seemed she was one of the only girls that was up. She set down her stuff at the closest sink and began to try to tame her curls to no avail. She didn't care too much, though. There were far more important things to be focused on than looks. After she had made herself somewhat presentable and changed into her uniform, she went back to her room. It was 6:40. Lilith and Katerina had gotten up. Gretchen was still in her bed. Sighing, Nadie walked over to Gretchen's bed, grabbing her wand. "Lumos Maxima!" she said, and her wand lit up. She was getting rather good at that spell. She pointed the wand at Gretchen's bed. Nadie heard groaning. "Nox."
"Seriously, Nadie?" Gretchen moaned as she emerged from under her covers.
"I don't want you to be late! It's the first day, after all."
"What time is it?"

"Six forty five."

"Great," Gretchen muttered, and ambled down the ladder.

"Go ahead and go, Nadie, I don't want you to be late." Nadie began to protest, but stopped after Gretchen pulled out a huge makeup bag.
"I'll save a seat for you at breakfast. By the way, the schedule's on the door." Nadie said as she grabbed her rucksack.

"Ugh," Gretchen said. "We don't have that much free time, do we?"

"Sure, but I'm very excited for all the classes!" Nadie exclaimed. "Aren't you?" Gretchen shrugged. Shaking her head, Nadie exited the dorm.