Insanity and Explanations

Aleron's POV
It sickened me to see her like that. She was so unpredictable, it nearly drove me mad too. Balin had let me stay in the same cell as Eleana, I needed to be with my sis. Just watching her was painful to look at. She would sometimes pace back and forth, muttering to herself in Sindarin. Other times she'd just sit and stare at the wall, not talking for hours on end. I hated seeing my sis in that way, it reminded us both painfully of last time she had been like that. It had been just after her mother died, after her world had been turned upside down. She had really been broken then, and what had happened and what nearly happened was still too horrible to think about. I managed to get a couple of conversations out of her, even if they had only been brief. It proved she wasn't as broken as last time. If she had been, I would have had a very serious matter on my hands.
~{<>}~
"What happened with you and Leggy?" She asked quietly.
"Leggy?" I asked, bemused.
"Leggy Greeny," she said, a faint childish giggle in her voice. She looked at me, grinning madly. I found it a little worrying, especially seeing as we eyes were glowing yellow as well.
"I think you mean Legolas Greenleaf," I corrected.
"Yeah, Leggy Greeny. Fairy princess's son," she said. I smiled at our shared nickname for Thranduial.
"What about Legolas?" I asked.
"Aleron," she said, sitting up a bit "One minute you were crying your eyes out, the next you were snogging his face off. I need an explanation." I sighed, realising how confusing all this must have been to her.
"We met once, in Rivendell. I liked him and he liked me, but then Tauriel came along. He left me for her, hoping she'd accept his advances. She didn't of course and he was still running around after her like a lovesick puppy. That was until," I broke off for a second, taking a deep breath "Until she set her heart on Kili and shattered his hopes for good. He was telling me he was sorry back in Mirkwood, how he never should have left me for her. I forgave him, even though he still seems to be getting over Tauriel." Eleana stared at me, listening to my every word.
"And have you got over Kili?" She asked. It was a one sentence arrow, aimed directly at my heart. I sighed, knowing there was no getting out of it.
"I'm not entirely sure," I sighed "I think I'm over him but it doesn't mean I like Tauriel being with him." Eleana gave an unladylike snort.
"I didn't expect you to like her anyway," she laughed bitterly "Who would like a woman that stole the man you loved and then broke his heart?"
"Someone bloody insane," I said dismissively.
"Count me in then," Eleana said. I frowned at her.
"You like Tauriel?" I asked. Eleana shook her head, giving a cheerless chuckle.
"No," she laughed "I meant that I'm bloody insane." I gave a lopsided grin, a half smile, and chuckled a little. Eleana got up and sat next to me, leaning her head on my shoulder.
"What would I do without you, sis?" She sighed. I smiled down at her, leaning my head on top of hers.
"I don't know what I'd do without you either," I said "We'd be lost without each other." Suddenly, I heard hurried footsteps coming along the passageway and someone unlocking out cell door.
~{<>}~
Eleana POV
I lifted my head off of Aleron's shoulder and watched Bofur hurry through the door. He was carrying a large sack in his hands that gave a loud metal clank whenever he moved. He put it on the floor and looked up at us.
"This came for the pair of you," he gasped.
"Came?" Asked Aleron.
"By any chance do you know anyone that sends their post via two barn owls and an eagle?" He asked. I looked at Aleron, my eyes lighting up.
"Ada!" I cried, diving for the sack. I opened it, revealing its contents.
~{<>}~
Inside was my Elven armour, Aleron's leather armour and a note. The note read:
My dear daughter,
I heard some time ago, from a thrush nonetheless, that the dragon was dead and the dwarves had reclaimed Erebor. King Thranduial's army has marched out of Mirkwood to the mountain, I am sure fighting is to take place sooner or later. I have sent yours and Aleron's armour that you left with me, I hope it will serve you well. Please uphold your promise and stay safe for me,
Beorn (Ada) xxx
I read through the note as carefully as I could, savouring my fathers every word. I then handed the note to Aleron to read while rummaging through to find all the pieces of my armour.
"Is Thranduial's army outside?" I asked Bofur.
"How did you know?" He asked, looking more than a little shocked.
"My father said about them leaving the forest," I said.
"Bilbo struck a bargain with the men of Laketown, he gave them the Arkenstone. You can imagine how impressed Thorin was about that," Bofur said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. I snorted.
"I bet you guys had to stop him dancing with joy," I said sarcastically. Bofur chuckled.
"More like throwing Bilbo from the battlements with glee," he chuckled cheerlessly. My eyebrows rose.
"Really?" I asked concernedly "Is Bilbo okay?" Aleron had finished the letter and was now looking at Bofur with a concerned look on her face.
"He's fine, Gandalf intervened just in time," he said, giving us a reassuring smile. Aleron and I both sighed in relief.  I finished rummaging through the sack until I found all the bits of my armour. Bofur left us to get changed.
~{<>}~
Once we were fully kitted up we called to Bofur. He unlocked the door and looked in.
"You can come out," he said "If we're going into battle we'll need all the help we can get."
"Battle?" Asked Aleron, looking a little shocked.
"Yeah," nodded Bofur "It started about an hour ago. Dain's men are down there dying for us and Thorin's not letting us out of this damned mountain." We walked along the corridors, the sounds of our armour echoing off the walls.
"Who's Dain?" I asked. Bofur glanced at me before explaining.
"He's Thorin's cousin, the Lord of the Iron Hills. He's down there, fighting the orcs for us. I bloody hate it."
"Orcs?" Aleron and I said in unison.
"Yep, appeared out of no where. The elves and the dwarves are working together to fight them off and we're not doing anything about it." There was a tone of contempt in his voice that worried me slightly, Bofur was rarely ever like this. Thorin needed to brought to his senses, and soon. Very soon.