Of All Things... It Had To Be Trolls

"Uncle," gasped Fili as he approached us.
"What is it lad?" Asked Dwalin. Fili had his hands on his knees, doubled over gasping.
"Fili?" Thorin asked.
"Bilbo...Kili...Trolls..." Fili gasped.
"What?!" Exclaimed Bofur.
"Trolls..." Gasped Fili again. The dwarves all immediately started talking at once. Thorin silences them with a quick hand signal.
"Gather your weapons," he said. The others quickly armed themselves and we made our way into the forest.
~{<>}~
"I said," we heard Kili yell "Drop him." I was then that we burst out of the undergrowth and charged at the trolls.
The fight was wild, the dwarves were using any fight style that came to mind. I transformed and ended up sinking my teeth into a trolls arm. I was thrown off after a few seconds and landed on top of one of the dwarves. I quickly turned back into my Elven form and scrambled off of the dwarf, not noticing who it was
"Are you all right!" He exclaimed.
"I'm...good," I said, having to think about it for a few seconds. As soon as my vision cleared, I realised that the dwarf I had crashed into was Thorin. I groaned mentally in embarrassment. We nodded briefly at each other before re-joining the battle. All the dwarves had frozen, looking up at Bilbo. He was being held by his arms and legs by two trolls.
"Lay down your arms," grunted one of them "Or we'll rip his off!" All the dwarves looked at Thorin, who stabbed his sword tip into the ground. The others quickly threw their weapons to the floor. Unwillingly, I did the same. We were quickly herded up like sheep. Many of the dwarves were lashed to a spit, the rest of us were laying in bags. I would have liked to transform and go and find Gandalf but my trust in the wizard told me to stay where I was. I was so deep in thought that I barely registered the dwarves shouting and screaming. It was only when I heard Gandalf shout that I snapped back into reality.
"The dawn take you all!" The wizard shouted. The rock he was stood on split in two and sunlight poured into the hollow. The trolls turned to stone and froze.
~{<>}~
The dwarves found the trolls hoard and were rummaging through the stinking heap that lay inside. I sat outside with Bilbo, not wanting to go in. Thorin came out after a few moments, holding a new sword.
"Eleana, are you all right?" He asked. I nodded exhaustedly.
"Sure?" He continued. I nodded again, turning away and curling up with my head on my knees. Bilbo looked confusedly between the two of us before getting up and going into the troll hoard, muttering some form of polite excuse.
~{<>}~
I wasn't sure why I was ignoring Thorin, I just was. I heard Thorin's footsteps get closer, trying to ignore him. He kept getting closer until was stood right behind me. My heartbeat began to quicken, the blood pounding in my ears.
"Thorin?" I said. He came and stood in front of me. He then leant down and lifted my head up to face him. I felt my face heating up as all the blood rushed to it, making me turn a light shade of red.
"Eleana," he whispered, crouching down so we were face to face. I tried to ignore the fact that I thought the emotions welling up inside me were wrong, because they felt so right. The fire began to spread in my chest again, only this time I didn't stop it. Thorin took my face in his hands, stroking my cheek with his thumb. He glanced away for a moment, checking that the other dwarves were still inside the troll hoard. He smiled at me and, for the first time, the smile went all the way to his blue eyes that sparkled enchantingly. My heart rate got quicker and quicker until I thought my chest would explode in anticipation.
"Or duzkak leib." He whispered with a slight smile on his face. My pounding heart skipped a few beats and my breath hitched in my throat. At. Those. Three. Words.
"Thorin? Do you really mean that?" I whispered, a little flustered. Thorin smiled a little wider. bowing his head in a nod. My mouth went dry and I blushed even more deeply, my face turned fully crimson. He smirked at my nervousness, the half smile making him look even more handsome. I swallowed my fear, following the emotions that I had denied so far. I sat up straight, my knees uncurling from my bunched up position. Our faces were a mere few inches apart. Thorin was smiling, his own expression becoming full of anticipation. We didn't break eye contact for a second.
"Close your eyes," Thorin whispered. I did so. The next part was the best...
~{<>}~
He kissed me. I felt his beard touch my face as his lips brushed against mine. It felt exhilarating.
"Thorin? Are you.... never mind," said Balin as he came out the entrance of the hoard.
"Balin," sighed Thorin.
"Don't worry laddie, I didn't see anything."
"Balin, listen," insisted Thorin.
"You don't want me to tell the others do you?" Said Balin. We both nodded.
"My lips are sealed laddie," said Balin "You have my word on it."
Thorin backed away from me, looking a little embarrassed.
"I ruined the moment a little there," said Balin.
"It's okay," I said.
"I know, but I presume that was your first," he said guilty. Thorin nodded.
"I'll leave for a moment," said Balin before disappearing back into the troll hoard. Thorin turned back to look at me but with his usual somber facial expression.
"Thorin," I said. He grunted in acknowledgement. I stood and went over to him. I realised how tall I was compared to him. He smiled up at me. I bent down so my face was level with his.
"Want to try that moment again?"