The Carrock

The Eagles bore us away from the flaming cliff edge. I looked about. Fili and Kili were on one eagle, Bifur and Bofur on another. I barely dared look at the eagle bearing Thorin, who was hanging limply in its talons. Tears formed in my eyes. He couldn't be dead, he couldn't.
~{<>}~
We were left at the Carrock, a great pillar of stone. As soon as I was dropped, I ran over to Thorin, who was  laying lifelessly on the ground.
"Mithrandir!" I called to Gandalf, tears rolling down my cheeks. Aleron came over to me, setting me on my feet, hugging me and trying to comfort me. Gandalf was muttering incoherently over Thorin, healing his wounds with Istari Magic. After a while, Thorin gasped and sat up. He dragged himself to his feet and looked about.
"Thorin Durin Oakenshield!" I yelled, furious tears of frustration running down my cheeks "If you dare scare me like that again, I'll..I'll..."
"You'll what?" He asked coolly, frustrating me further. I couldn't hold myself back any more. I ran up and kissed him hard on the lips. Thorin returned the kiss, his hands finding his way around my waist. We broke off after a few moments, ignoring the stares of the other dwarves.
"You'll kiss me?" Chuckled Thorin "Doesn't seem like much of a punishment." He chuckled softly in my ear as I hugged him.
"Or durzkak lieb," I whispered to him.
"And I you," he whispered back. I straightened up to see Aleron and Balin both grinning broadly at us. The others were staring at us, as confused as possible.
"And you," Thorin roared at Bilbo "What were you thinking? You could of got yourself killed! Didn't I say that you would be a burden and that you had no place in the company!" Bilbo looked terrified.
"Never had I been so wrong," said Thorin "In all my life." Thorin hugged Bilbo, the little hobbit seemingly relieved that he wasn't going to be murdered.
"It's about time," Balin muttered to mess we watched the pair of them. I glanced at Balin, an amused look on my face. Thorin lead the company to the edge of the Carrock. I went to stand next to him, my fingers intertwining with his.
"Look," called Oin "A Raven!"
"That, my dear Oin," said Gandalf "Is a thrush."
"I will take it as a sign," said Thorin, glancing at me briefly "A good omen."
"I think you're right," said Bilbo "I do believe the worst is behind us." We then all looked out across the landscape, to Erebor, to our home.