To the Mountain

My eyes snapped open as I felt the bottom of the boat grate against hard shingle. Everyone was getting out of the boat, clambering onto the shore. But I stayed put. I froze as soon as I saw what was happening all around.
~{<>}~
There was a maelstrom of chaos about us. People were screaming and shouting, boats were aflame and the few survivors were clawing their way to the shore. I gripped to the sides of the boat, my ears ringing with the noise. The combination of my Elven and wolffish senses were being overwhelmed by the noise and chaos about me. I wanted to curl up in the bottom of the boat and stay there, but I could hear a soft voice coaxing me out of the boat.
"Eleana," said Tilda's little voice "Come on now, you need to get out of the boat." I swallowed and looked up at the child, my eyes aglow in a golden blaze. My eyes only ever turned yellow/gold when I was angry or terrified. And right at that moment, I was shocked to my core.
"Why won't that blasted girl move?!" Snarled Tauriel's impatient voice.
"For Durin's sake, she's in shock!" Barked Aleron.
"What has that got to do with it? Everyone is here is in shock!" Growled Tauriel. Aleron let out an oath in Elvish. The two began arguing, their voices getting louder and louder until my ears were ringing with all the noise.
"Stop it! Will everyone please just shut up for a few minutes!" I screamed. Aleron and Tauriel fell silent. I clambered out of the boat slowly, my whole body shaking. Tilda came and hugged me before looking up at me with sad eyes.
"Can you help us look for Bain and Da?" She asked. I smiled weakly at the child.
"I shall help you if it's the last thing I do," I said, regaining my strength.
~{<>}~
Sigrid and Tilda called for their father and brother frantically. I could hear the desperation in their voices, I could tell they were hoping with all their hearts that Bard and Bain survived the fire upon the lake. Tauriel ushered us all through the crowd as we searched, making sure we all stayed together. The dwarves began to lower a boat into the water, I knew we were to head for the mountain. I glanced over and saw Kili begging Tauriel to come with him. Legolas was stood behind them, watching the events unfold. I looked to Sigrid and Tilda, who were still looking for Bain and Bard.
"Come on Eleana, we're leaving!" Called Aleron. I ran to Tilda and Sigrid.
"I have to leave," I said. Tilda came and hugged me.
"But you said you'd help," she said softly.
"I have to go my child," I sighed, stroking her hair "I promise that your brother and father will still be alive. I know they will be." Tilda gave me one last hug before running to catch up with Sigrid. I ran to the boat and leapt in, Kili not far behind me. We began to row across the lake, towards the mountain. I looked back and saw Tilda waving to me. I waved back, hoping it would not be the last time I gazed upon the child.
~{<>}~
I suddenly hear Tilda's voice carry across the lake.
"Da!" She cried. I looked back across the lake to see her being held up in her fathers arms. Bain and Sigrid were nearby, smiling. I watched until I could not distinguish their shapes in the mob of people, before they disappeared in the mist.
~{<>}~
We trekked across the land, past the ruins of Dale, until we came to the mountain gates. There was a great hole torn into the gates, presumably where Smaug made his exit. I could see the anticipation in Fili and Kili's eyes as we got closer and closer to the mountain. They had been raised on the tales of Erebor, by their uncle and mother, Dis, and now they were finally reaching the place they had always dreamed of.
~{<>}~
As we reached the bridge, all four of the dwarves broke into a run. Aleron and I followed them, anticipation taking over all of us.
"Hello?" Bofur called, his voice echoing off the walls "Bombur? Bifur? Anybody?" No answer came. We began to travel deeper into the mountain, clambering down stone staircases and along long passageways. We descended further and further, so the mountain seemed to be growing above our heads.
"Wait!" Called a voice "Wait!" It was Bilbo.
"It's Bilbo!" Said Oin.
"He's alive!" Exclaimed Bofur. Bilbo came hurtling around a corner.
"Stop! Stop!" He called "Stop." He stopped in front of us, a worried expression painted on his face.
"We need to leave, we all need to leave," he said.
"But we only just got here," said Bofur, confused.
"I tried talking to him but he won't listen," said Bilbo.
"What do you mean, laddie?" Asked Oin.
"Thorin," said Bilbo.
~{<>}~
That name hit me like a punch in the gut. All at once I realised. There was something wrong. There was something badly wrong...