Is That a Dragon?

We sat around for a little while. I could see the children were concerned about their father, who still hasn't returned home. I was in conversation with Aleron when a great rumble echoed through the air, shaking the whole house. Everyone froze. I looked at Aleron and we nodded to each other. Suddenly, the rumble came again. I leapt to my feet, Aleron following my every move. I glanced at Little Tilda, who's face was pale.
"Eleana?" She asked, her face full of worry.
"Everything's going to be fine, Tilda," I said to the child. She smiled weakly. I glanced at Aleron but she wasn't there. I looked to the door, she was already outside. She suddenly poked her head around the door, looking fearful.
"Eleana," she said "You need to see this."
~{<>}~
I rushed outside. Aleron was looking to the mountain, as pale as a ghost. I followed her eyeline until I saw what she was seeing. I uttered an oath under my breath.
"El?" Asked Aleron, fear making her sound like a child "Is that a dragon?"
"No," I growled "Bofur's hat grew wings." Aleron looked at me, the attempt at humour clearly hadn't helped.
"Yes, that's a dragon," I said, trying to ignore the fear welling up inside me.
"Oh Valar," she whispered, not tearing her eyes from the mountain.
"We need to leave," I said "Now."
Authors Note:
Firstly, I'd like to apologise that I haven't been updating that often. Strangely, I do actually have a life outside wattpad and now and again I need to actually be sociable. I promise I will update more often, once I have confronted the dreaded demon known as Homework. Hope you're enjoying this so far, I'm dreading the day when this story is finished.
Vote, Comment, Tell me what you Think,
MoonsongMarauder xxx