---------------------------------------

The pain, it was gone. I couldn't feel it anymore. There was a bright light that went on forever surrounding me. I felt weightless. Slowly two figures appeared in front of me. A man and a woman. The woman was around an inch taller than me. She had long, light brown hair and pale blue eyes. The man was tall with bright blonde hair and shining green eyes. They were both looking at me. He had an arm around her waist and was pulling her into his chest. They looked as though they were in their late-twenties or early-thirties. As I looked at them they seemed familiar, but I didn't remember ever meeting these two in my entire life.

"Where am I?" I asked them, confused.

"Somewhere that is both safe but a place you shouldn't be." she answered, her voice soft.

"Darling, don't speak in riddles to the child." he told her, humour sounded in his voice.

"Who are you?" I asked. They both stared at me.

"Honey, you tell her." she said as she looked back over her shoulder at him.

"Tell me what?" I replied.

"My name is Anthony, and this is my wife Renee." he told me. I nodded. "We are here to.... explain a few things to you."

"Okay." I said, having no clue where this was going.

"You're a werewolf." he replied after a few seconds.

"Anthony!" she called out. "I thought we decided to ease her into this! Not just say it!"

"Sorry Ree, it just came out. I mean how would you ease someone into this? It's quite a hard topic to bring up." he said in a matter-of-fact tone. I looked at what they were wearing. She was in a simple, cream coloured dress that skimmed the floor. He was wearing tan coloured pants and a white button up shirt. I looked down. I was still wearing my grey shirt and jeans.

"I'm a what?" I asked, their head snapped to me as if they had forgotten I was there. I must have heard what he had said wrong, because I could have sworn he said werewolf but that wasn't possible. "Seriously, where am I?"

"A place that is in between life and death." he answered. "You are here because your mind was rejecting the change your body was going through."

"What change?"

"This one is all yours babe." he said as he kissed her forehead, she sighed.

"You're sixteen right?" she asked. I nodded. "And it's your birthday today?" I nodded again. "Have you been hearing a voice in your head?" I was reluctant to answer, so I shrugged my shoulders. "It's okay, that's normal." she gave me a small smile as she spoke. "Do you believe in soul mates? Well, Anthony and I are soul mates and out there in the world you have your own soul mate. Someone that you are made for and someone that is made for you."

"I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you're saying. I told her.

"Fine, I will take the inconsiderate, male approach." she replied, directing it more to Anthony. "You are a lycanthrope, aka a werewolf. You will now have the ability to 'shift' into your wolf form whenever you feel like, not every full moon. Soul mates, you have one. You may have not met them yet but when you do they will have one of, no the best scent you have ever smelt. Their touch will be calming and may make your skin tingle."

'Lucas!' the voice in my head called out so loudly my ears started to ring.

"Lucas?" I mumbled out loud.

"Oh my, she has already met her mate." Renee said happily. Anthony when slightly rigged. His hands were clenched in fists and his eyes were dark. "Shh, babe, honey, Anthony," she told him stroking the side of his face, "I am sure that he is a nice, well mannered boy." I watched him relax.

"You should go back now." he said as he looked right into my eyes.

"What, how?" I asked.

"Picture the way you were last time you remember." Renee answered.

"But it hurts, there was so much pain." I replied.

"It wouldn't be there anymore." she said as she took a step forward then pulled me into a tight hug. "Stay safe, you might see us later." I could see tears forming in her eyes but I didn't know why. I also didn't want to leave, I felt safe here. But I did as they said. I thought about the date I had just been on and walking with Lucas. I didn't imagine what my body was doing I just thought about being with him.

A fog came around me. It stung my eyes, so I snapped them shut. When I opened them again it felt as though what I had just experienced was a dream. The smell of coconut and the woods filled my nose. It smelt close, but not close enough. I went to speak, I'm not sure what to say, but all that left my lips was a whimper. That shocked me slightly. I looked down. I should have seen my arms but I didn't. Instead I was looking at two paws covered in completely white fur.

'This isn't right.' I thought. 'Where are my hands?'

'Calm down.' the female voice said. 'Let me take control and show you how things are done.' Before I could say anything it was like someone else was now in charge of my body. I stood up shakily on four legs. I looked and saw Lucas a few metres away from me, his head in his hands. I walked forward, this would take some practise. I nudged the side of his face with my muzzle, I had a muzzle that wasn't weird at all. He looked up and I saw his eyes widen.

"Kayla..." he whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone

This is the result of me giving myself a dead line, waking up at 6:30-ish, watching two Harry Potter movies within four or so hours, power napping in a car, wandering around a book fair, going to sleep at midnight o'clock and having caffeine, so I hope it makes sense

I just have one question for you:

Who are Renee and Anthony?

Read the next couple of chapters (when I've written them) to find out :)

KdThErAnDoMoNe