Chapter 11

We don't talk for days after that, just occasionally exchanging a word or two, only when necessary.

A week passes like that, and I cry myself to sleep every night.

I'm like a walking robot - lifelessly going around. I long to be at work the whole day, because staying at home is nothing but painful.

I'm just getting dressed for work when Arjun texts me.

Lunch? He asks.

I agree.

We meet at a chinese place, and eat a lot of noodles.

"So," He asks, "How are things with you and Abhi?"

"Good." I lie. "He's very sweet."

Arjun looks at me weird. "Sure is."

The topic fades off, and he tells me about his work and his girlfriend. And his family.

He's still the same, yet so different, and I missed him so much.

Lunch extends to roaming around for a while, and we end up getting dinner together too.

Its late when I reach home, and I'm exhausted. I don't knock, just enter the house, using my own keys.

I wish I hadn't, though.

As soon as I enter, I'm greeted by the sight of Abhi and a girl - making out, on the couch.

His hands are under her shirt, and he's kissing her with such finesse - exactly the way he used to kiss me. I feel sick, and rush to my room's bathroom - emptying all the contents of my stomach.

I feel before I see him enter. He holds up my hair from my face, and soothingly rubs my back.

I shrug, pushing him away. He steps back, and stands there while I rinse my mouth.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"I'm fine." I snap at him. "You can go fuck your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend." He says.

"Yeah? That's supposed to make me feel better?"

"She's just a random fuck."

"And you didn't have the decency to take her to your room?" I yell.

He flinches. "I thought you weren't coming home tonight."

"You're impossible." I roll my eyes, afraid that the tears will flow.

"I didn't know it would effect you like this." His voice is soft, and a little less detached.

"Fuck off." I fire, stalking out and grabbing a t shirt for the night.

"Watch your mouth." He says.

"How can you be so blind, you asshole?" I yell at him. His nostrils flare, and I can see he's enraged, but I don't give a fuck. "Can't you see it? I'm in love with you!"

His eyes widen, and he steps back a little.

"And you still don't have the decency to keep your fucking whores away from me! You're such a sadist, you dick." I continue, I'm going to speak more, but he interrupts.

"You aren't in love with me." He grits out. "There is nothing in me that you can love."

"Exactly!" My voice is low. "I wish I could fucking help it but I can't. Each time I draw a breath, I fall harder. I fucking love you and you can't see it. I've accepted that there is no hope, alright? But please, at least show me some fucking humanity."

He just looks at me, and I sigh. "Just go away." I tell him.

He does.

The next morning - a Saturday, I wake up late, and am filled with nothing but regret.

I mean fuck - why did I tell him I love him?

Abhi isn't home. I don't know if I should feel happy or despondent.

I whip up a quick breakfast, then turn on the TV and watch reruns of Game Of Thrones.

He comes back around evening time. He's wearing the same shirt he wore when we officially met, and I feel a pang of memories inside my chest.

"Can you get me a glass of water, please?" He asks. "I'm exhausted. Its so hot today."

Wow. He's acting so normal.

I nod, then get him a tall glass of cold water, which he gulps down.

"There is this party my firm is throwing. Tomorrow. You'll be my date, yes?" He asks tentatively.

"Of course." I tell him.

"I'll take you shopping."

I nod. "Thanks." I smile.

He gives me a tight lipped smile. "I'm kind of at a high post there. I need my wife looking nice."

Oh.

"Okay." I sigh.

"Get ready by 5 30." He orders, then stalks off to his room.

I get ready on time as he instructed.

We go to a high end mall, with clothes of brands I've never even dreamed of wearing.

I look around the place tentatively, its so..expensive.

"Don't look at the price tag." Abhi murmurs in my ear. I nod. God, he's telepathic.

An attendant helps me - picking out a few dresses, all of which I like. I take a few to the try room, and Abhi follows, waiting outside.

The first one is a floor sweeping white gown - its beautiful, but it makes me look very anorexic.

The next one is a grey halter dress. I kind of love it. It hugs my figure in all the right places.

Abhi rejects that one. "I won't have you looking that sexy." He says, coolly.

I try on a light lavender one next - its gorgeous, and I just know it is the one.

Abhi's nod of approval makes my day.

Its Versace, and I insist on buying it myself - but he doesn't let me. Obviously.

He pays at the counter, while I look around the shop.

"Hey?" Someone asks from behind me, and I whip round to face a girl - she's around my age, probably younger. Her features are sharp, her figure model like.

"Yeah?" I ask.

She nods towards Abhi covertly. "He your boyfriend?"

"Husband." I tell her.

Her eyes widen. "You look like a nice girl. I know its not my place to say, but he's not a good guy. Stay careful."

I'm about to question her, but she walks away, noticing Abhi come back.

He reaches me in three long strides, but doesn't even notice my presence, just watching the girl's retreating form.

His gazs shift to me when she's out of sight. His eyes are filled with rage. I shrink under his gaze. He takes my hand roughly, and begins walking out of the place, dragging me till we're in his car. His grip on my wrist is hard. I hiss.

"What did she say to you?" He seethes.

"You know her?"

His grip tightens, hard enough to bruise. "You're hurting me." I tell him.

He just raises an eyebrow at me. "What did she say to you?" He repeats.

"Something about you not being a good guy."

He laughs, then throws my hand away, as if touching me repulses him.

"She was right. Beware, Aaliya. I might just kill you."

Vote and comment. ❤