Chapter 3

I'm meeting that Abhi guy today. His name is Abhimanyu Bhatnagar. I just hope he's not boring.

I decide to dress slutty. Because, who would marry a slut, right?

I wear a low cut top and a short skirt. Not that slutty, but I guess it will do.

I dab some compact over the small nip marks that guy gave me yesterday.

Damn.

I broke up with Rishabh just yesterday, and I can't stop thinking about a man I don't even know.

"Aaaaaaliya!" My mom enters my room, singing.

"Hey mom." I roll my eyes.

"You're meeting Abhi right? He's really cute. You'll love him. Are you wearing that?" Her eyes look like saucers. I stifle a laugh.

"Yes mom. This is what I'm wearing." I sigh.

She sighs too. "He's a good guy."

"Maybe. But this is how I'm going to go."

She shakes her head, but doesn't say anything.

At lunch, I drive to the italian place he chose, enquire about our reservation and take a seat, waiting for him while playing shitty games on my phone.

"Peach." I hear the all too familiar voice from yesterday.

I look up from my phone, my eyes meeting the brown orbs I've been obsessing about.

"Hey." I breathe.

God.

Where the fuck is Abhi?

"Hey." He smirks, taking the seat in front of me.

"So you're Aaliya." He says, giving me a quick once over. His gaze lingers on my mouth, but not my chest, and I cannot decide if he's a gentleman or plainly uninterested.

"So you're Abhimanyu." I say. My voice sounds weak.

Fuck.

"Abhi." He says, shortly, then his eyes gleam with unspoken humour, as his gaze centers on my neck, at the bite marks from yesterday. "At least my mom chose a girl who knows how to make out."

I bite the inside of my cheek. "Fuck you."

He smirks. "Gladly."

I shake my head. "Did you order?" He asks as a waiter approaches us.

"No, I just came."

"Ah, an exhibitionist, I see." He grins, winking at me.

I glare at him, my cheeks heating up. I open my mouth to say something but he asks, "What do you want?"

We get pasta and wine.

"So," he leans forward. "What do you do?"

"I work for an NGO. What about you?"

"I'm an architect." He says.

He takes a sip of his wine, nodding, his lips just slightly touching the rim. God. I can't stop thinking about those lips on me.

Fuck.

Rishabh was very hot, in that boy next door way. But Abhi, he's got his own brand of handsome with his dark, messy hair - the kind you'd like to run your fingers in- and those brown orbs, the trace of a stubble on his chin - the kind that would prickle you if he goes down on you - and those high cheekbones and that strong jaw. He's got this whole manly charm about him, and, goddamn, just having those eyes on me is such a turn on.

He raises an eyebrow at me, I gulp.

"Why do you wanna get married?" I ask.

"I don't." He says. "My grandmother has cancer and she wants to see me married, before she...dies."

Oh.

"Oh God Abhi. I'm sorry."

He shrugs, smiling weakly. "What about you? You don't seem like the girl who would get married like...this."

"My parents." I say, simply.

He smiles. "Okay."

I notice the wound on the side of his jaw and wince.

He grins, noticing my gaze. "He got you real hard last night. I'm sorry." I tell him.

He shrugs. "Its fine. He's walking around with a gash on his head though."

I giggle. "I know."

His eyes narrow. "He's your...boyfriend?"

I shake my head. "Ex boyfriend. And my boss."

He nods. "Right."

I go on eating my pasta when he asks, "You do know that if we get married you'd have to shift base to Delhi right?"

Delhi seems like a great idea, but there's no way I'd tell him that. I smile sweetly at him. "I'd rather jump into a river than marry you."

His jaw clenches.

God.

"Can't you take a joke?" I laugh nervously.

He shakes his head, shrugging, and an awkward silence falls between us.

I watch him eat. He eats with class, I mean, he is rich ofcourse, like, he has this rich boy air around him. God, what am I thinking?

He probably notices my gaze because he meets my eyes, smirking. His eyes fall down to my mouth, I bite my lip.

"I really want to kiss you right now." He says, his rich baritone deepening.

"Do it then." My heart is beating fast. "Kiss me."

He leans forward, tracing circles on the back of my head, fire bursts beneath my skin. "I won't have you thinking about another man when I kiss you. And I know that won't be possible today, because you'll be comparing me to that pussy from yesterday." He reaches out to trace my lip with his finger. "So, no, you won't be getting kissed today. Not by me." His eyes narrow. "Definitely not by any other man. I will kiss you the day you will be mine, and I swear to God you'll forget everything about any finger ever laid upon you."

I wonder why I'm not gasping for air. I've never ever felt so...

Fuck.

What is happening to me?

I gulp, nodding, my heart is beating with the speed of a million miles an hour.
We're silent for a moment, and we stare at each other.

He pays the bill, still staring at me.

He's making me so nervous.

I hold my head high. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I challenge.

He tips back, standing up. "Because you're nothing like what I expected."

"Neither are you." I counter. "You're worse."

I like him so much.

Vote and comment,