Chapter 17

A week passes like that, then another, till just one month of our arrangement is left. I walk around with a heavy art. Will he give us a chance? Probably not.

I'm returning home from work, and something inside me says that something bad is going to happen.

I knock, and a girl opens the door.

"Who is it, Grace?" I hear Abhi call from inside. He comes around to see me. I give him a sickly sweet smile.

I push past the two and continue to my room.

"Who is she?" The bitch asks him.

"Noone important." Abhi replies, and out of the corner of my eye I look at him grab her by the neck and plant his lips on hers.

I shower, and change into shorts and a tee, then barge into Abhi's room, totally calm.

Abhi is kissing down her throat, her top half is bare.

"Leave my house, skank." I hiss.

"Excuse me?" She gets up, wearing her top again.

"I said leave my house."

Abhi keeps looking at me. Grace looks at him with a 'what the fuck is this' look.

"Leave." He snaps at her, his gaze not leaving mine. "We're done."

She gives me a pissed off look, then smiles seductively at Abhi. "My number is on the dining table, babe."

He doesn't bother responding, and she stalks off.

Once we hear her bang the door shut, he grabs my arm, twisting it behind my back. He presses me into the wall, coming extremely close to me, until I'm barely breathing.

"What is your problem?" He snarls, punctuating each word.

"My problem?" I hiss. His grip on my arm tightens. "You can't go around telling me I deserve better, creeping into my bed every night, and making out with your whores, and rubbing it in my fucking face!"

He steps back. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Of course you don't." I snap at him. "You're sick, Abhi."

He just gives me a rueful, malevolent smile.

I break down all over again.

That night, I lock my door when I go to sleep.

I don't wait for him. He disgusts me.

At exactly two, there's a knock on the door. I ignore him, and the knock turns into a persistent banging.

"Open the damn door, Aaliya." He yells. "Or I swear I'll break it."

I roll my eyes, and unlock the door, then get into bed once again.

The bed dips, and I'm pretty sure I decide to slap him across the face.

"Don't get into bed." I tell him. "I don't need you here.

He's probably in need of some hearing aid, because I feel his arms wrap around me.

I kick his shin. He doesn't budge.

"Stop throwing a tantrum." He whispers into my ear, and my body defies my mind, snuggling into him.

I hear him sigh smugly.

"You're an ass." I say.

"I know."

I keep quiet, even though I want to question him about today, but I don't want to destroy the magic our entwined bodies create.

The warmth of his body engulfs me, and I sigh with content.

Minutes pass, and I think he's fallen asleep, until his breath tickles my ear again.

"Aaliya?" He whispers.

I humm in response.

"You may not need me," He says as his grip on me tightens. "But I do need you."

I think I practically hear my heart break.

- - - - - - -

I go out with Arjun the next day. And the next - Jeev. Then Arjun again.

Abhi doesn't come home for a week. I keep on trying his phone, but he just texts me once saying he's fine.

I cry myself to sleep every night, missing the warmth of his arms around me.

Hehehe super short update.

Hate me?

Anyway.

Vote. Comment. ❤