Chapter 6

My family was ecstatic when I told them I was going to marry Abhi. Mom was literally dancing and Gaurav was hugging me and Dad was just smiling.

"My baby is a big girl now." Mom squeals.

"Geez mom." I roll my eyes.

"Tell his family!"

"Mom, its midnight." I interject.

"Tomorrow then." She says.

I retire to my room, trying to sleep, but brown eyes play in the back of my head over and over again.

My phone buzzes. Its a text from Abhi.

Hey, fiancée. I can't sleep.

I'm sort of grinning at the phone screen?

Hey. Me too.

Oh yeah? I wonder why.

Before I can reply, I see him calling and answer at the first ring.

"So, why can't you sleep?" He sounds sleepy. God. Sleepy voices are so sexy.
"Just..like that."
"Well, I've been fantasising about your lips on me. So, I can't sleep."
I blush. "You sound sleepy though."
"Maybe." He teases. "So did you think about your answer?"
"Yeah," I'm whispering. "I agreed."
He chuckles lowly. "Good girl."
I yawn.
"Maybe I will kiss you tomorrow." He says and I feel delighted at the thought.
I humm in response. "I remember you saying you'll kiss me when I'm yours."
He laughs. "I just realised you've been mine the day I laid my eyes on you. Anyway, you'll have a ring on your finger tomorrow, so, I'll kiss you. Only if you are a good girl."
"Yes, sir." I tease.
"I always knew you were kinky. I should buy some handcuffs too."
I roll my eyes. "I really don't like you."
"Good." He says. "Don't."
"When are you going back to Delhi?" I ask.
"Next week. So we're probably gonna be married in the next few days."
Holy fucking shit.
"I'm not marrying you on such short notice!" I'm outraged.
"You will."
"No."
"Aaliya." He warns.
God. Why does he have to be so sexy?
"Good night Abhi." I sigh.
"Good night, mine." He replies.

The next morning I wake up to a text from Abhi and two from Adya.

Adya is asking what happened to the marriage thing and I tell her I agreed.

Abhi is being outrageous.
Good morning, mine. He's texted.
Good morning. I reply.
I get the reply immediately. Ring shopping today. Be ready by 1.
What the flying fuck happened to asking?
No can do, I reply. Got some work at the NGO. Tomorrow, maybe.

I set my phone on the bedside table and go on to take a shower and everything. I return to find several texts from Abhi.

I don't give a fuck.
I'll be there by 11.
We'll do your shit first. Cool?

Cool. I'm going to reply but I look at Abhi's car pull in and rush out to open the door.

I smile sweetly when I see him but don't say anything, continuing inside, and he follows.

"Who's there, Aaliya?" Mom calls from the kitchen.
"My ass of a fiancé." I say under my breath.
"Watch your mouth. Don't give me that attitude." Abhi grabs my arm roughly from behind and I shrug him off.

"Oh, Abhi, its you." Mom says, coming to see him walk in.
"Hello ma'am." He greets politely. "I'm taking Aaliya ring shopping today. That okay?"
"Sure." She smiles at him. "Your mother told me that you want to get married five days later?"

Five fucking days?

"Yes. I'm going back to Delhi next week." He tells her.
"Fuck." I curse.

Abhi raises an eyebrow at me.
"Aaliya." Mom warns.

I groan, and grabbing an apple off the table, walk out of the house to Abhi's car.

We get in the car and I notice he's just staring at me, weirdly so.

"What?" I snap.
He shakes his head. "Where are we going?"
"To my office?" My tone is part nasty. His eyes narrow.

He turns to me, grabbing my chin, bringing my eyes level to his. "Let's get one thing clear ." He says. His eyes are menacing, his tone raw. "I will not take this shit from you. Drop the attitude and be a good little girl. Alright?"

I gulp, nodding.

"Words." He demands.

"Yes." I say.

We spend the rest of the ride in silence, and I wonder why he has to be so bipolar. Cute one moment, scary the next. He's so overwhelming. God.

He pulls up in front of my office.

"How long will you take?" He asks.
"A moment." I whisper. I'm so scared, treading carefully, afraid that he might snap.
His eyes soften, and he leans in, pressing a soft kiss on my forehead.

I don't expect him to apologize, and he doesn't. "I'll wait here." He says and I nod, rushing off to submit whatever I have to to Rishabh.

I hurriedly place the papers on Rishabh's desk, then tell the others to tell him that I won't be coming in today.

"Just five minutes. Good." Abhi says when I get back into the car.

"Thanks." I mock and he grins.

He starts the car. "Let's get a ring on your finger now."

He takes me to the town's best jeweller, and we choose couple rings - made of platinum and studded with diamonds. They're beautiful.

"Thanks." I tell the cashier as Abhi pays for them. He winks at me, wishing us luck for our life ahead.

Abhi takes my hand as we walk out of the showroom, his grip is tight and I can't stop thinking about his promise to kiss me. He looks at me when I suck in a sharp breath, his eyes filled with unspoken promises.

He pulls me into an alley, pressing me against the wall, he kisses my neck.

Abhi pulls out a ring box from his back pocket, then takes out the ring, and puts it on my finger.

"You're mine now." He says. His gaze on me is heated. He grins devilishly, leaning into me. "If you tell me to kiss you, I will."
"Kiss me." I say, biting my lip.

He grasps my waist, and leans in, tugging at my lower lip, causing me to free it from my teeth. He gently bites my lip, then sucks on it, soothing the pain. He takes his time kissing me, sucking on my lower lip sensually, then tracing the curve of my mouth with his tounge. He doesn't go soft on me, his lips are rough. He kisses me brutally. I moan into his mouth, as he slides tounge into mine. He tastes my mouth thoroughly, one of his hands fists in my hair and sharp pain reaches me, and I've never felt so turned on my entire life.

We part reluctantly, gasping for air.

"I'd been meaning to do this for a long long time." He says, taking my hand as if nothing ever happened and continuing to the parking lot.

"If I'd not told you to kiss me, then what?" I ask.

He glances at me momentarily. "I'd have kissed you anyway."