Chapter 8: Dangerous.

|Sid|

I rubbed the shampoo from my face, standing under the hot water raining down from the showerhead. The slight hangover I had when I woke up was being washed down the drain with the hot water. Yesterday was the fourth of July and Paul invited everyone over for a get together at his place. Corey let Tali have a drink or two; I lost count of how many she had. But she never seemed to finish them. She always handed it over to me after she hit the half way gone mark. So, technically I was drinking for two. But I swear, Tali was eating for two.

I couldn't help but laugh to myself at the memory of Joey commenting on her need to eat and then getting the dirtiest look in return. I shook my head and shut off the water, immediately shuddering at the chill that seeped into the shower with me. I wrapped the towel around my waist, rejoicing in the fact that I had to wrap it around myself twice. This towel is not a quitter and I love it.

I went to my bedroom and dried off, my head still throbbed a bit but an Aspirin would fix that right up. My attention was drawn to my phone vibrating on my desk in the other room. It was probably just one of the guys wondering what the plans are for the next few days. It wasn't that important that I dropped my towel and bolted into the other room to check what was going on. I continued getting ready for the day and pulled on a pair of jeans and a tee shirt before going into the other room to pour myself a cup of freshly made coffee. Coffee and Aspirin are the best cure for a hangover, but the bright sun light coming in through the windows fought against the treatment with full power. Living alone was nice for this reason, I didn't have anyone bugging me when I was hung over.

I went over to my desk, where all of my equipment was set up and my phone was plugged in, charging. I sat down in the swivel chair and set my coffee down beside my laptop. I stared at the latest message from Tali, just having woken up and started my day with a shower, a cup of coffee and that text. I found it odd that she'd message me asking for something like that. Usually she just wants to go for a walk or listen to the latest number I've made. That's what the last two days have been like at least. The day after she nearly beat me with a broom Corey had some running around to do and so did I so I went a long with him just for the company. Tali and I ended up wandering around aimlessly for an hour while Corey did his shopping. I've been getting the stink eye from him as well. I wasn't sure if I was crossing a line by trying to be Tali's friend. She needed a friend who wasn't her dad. But I don't know if Corey is okay with that.

Tali Underwood: July 5, 2008. 9:45 a.m.

Do you mind coming to get me? I have to run into town to get something.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead, still staring down at the message.

DJ Sid: July 5, 2008. 9:52 a.m.

Is Corey busy? What do you need to get?

Tali Underwood: July 5, 2008. 9:53 a.m.

No he's not. I need to go and get my birth control from the clinic and I'd rather him not know I'm on the pill.

Wow, she replied back quick. She must be waiting for me to agree to it. My face was filled with blush even though I completely understood why she came to me and not to Corey. He'd lock her up for the rest of her life if he found out she was on the pill. God, he's probably die from a heart attack if he found out she was sexually active. Not that I know this for sure or anything, I'm just assuming that since she's on the pill she must be trying to prevent something from happening. I really shouldn't be thinking about my best friend's daughter like that but I approve of her responsible actions for taking the proper precautions to prevent an unwanted teenage pregnancy. But my opinion doesn't matter in this case. This is something she should talk about with her mom and dad, not me.