Chapter 13- A Kitten Amongst Tigers

Start from the beginning

A speech that sounded cheesy to Bastian was revolutionary to the old man.

The General was no mentalist, but his years spent judging people were not in vain. He eyed Bastian like an eagle, and saw that the boy honestly believed he could achieve such lunacy. Either that or he was a psychopath.

"You see General, although the Kingdom is mine, I don't have a firm grasp on it. Which led to me stand before you in such a sorry state but I do plan on returning, and when I do return," Bastian struck the wall with his tiny fist, "I will clean out all the filth. So general, 3 minutes are left. I'm sorry to have to ask a distinguished man such as yourself this, but will you help me sweep away my trash?"

Bastian held his hand out toward the General, his tattoo glistening in fool splendor, his eyes no longer arrogant, but still overbearing no less.

This is no mere child.

The General shook Bastian's hand.

"My enemies are General Isaacs, General Frinz and General Vermalen of the Three Fangs Alliance."

Bastian, grinned so hard his cheeks started hurting.

...

Bastian stretched his hands and reclined on his bed lazily.

"Ben, tell me what we are dealing with," said Bastian. He needed to know who his enemies were and his new army.

"Yes master. General Moto is the leader of the Flaming Winds Army. It was originally a small mercenary group but over the years, it grew and extended. It now currently occupies two E rank cities and one D rank city."

Cities on the Sovereign Continent varied in size, and were given ranks according to their size and development. The ranks went from SSS to E, with SSS being the highest. More than half of the cities on the continent were not even worthy of having a rank, much like the city they were in then. These were called Rank less Cities.

In a fragmented region like The Western Deserts, it was common to find states made up of only a few cities, barely qualified to be called Kingdoms. Normally they did not even have names, so they were just called occupied cities.

Once a mercenary group reached a certain level of strength, it would become a Free Army. The sign of being a Free Army was occupying, in other words controlling at least one E rank city.

When he heard that the Flaming Winds Army had a D rank city under its control, Bastian was impressed. Normally an army would at least need to have about 4 or 5 E rank cities before they think about taking over a D rank one.

"He is currently engaged in a fight with the Three Fangs Alliance. This is an alliance composed of three armies that joined together becoming one. These armies each had a grudge with the Flaming Winds Army, and coveted its D rank city, thus they joined together and formed their alliance.

These armies were led by General Isaac of the Isaac Army, General Frinz of the Freeze Brigade, and General Vermalen of the Blazing Army. Both General Isaac and General Fritz only had two cities under their control, with at least one being E rank, where as General Vermalen, had three E rank cities under her control.

Although it was an Alliance in name, General Vermalen's strength far outstrips the strength of the other two combined, thus, one could think of her as the Leader.

All three armies neighbored the cities under the Control of General Moto, and were planning to take over his cities. General Moto was told to surrender his cities and join the alliance. He refused and even slandered the other three generals. Thus a war is believed to be about to start.

Although General Moto is powerful enough to beat all of the three head on, combined the three have an army that is at least double what the General has.