Prologue

Yo! This is just a short note.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, and also any of these characters except if I am going to create any OCs. All of it belongs to Masashi-san.

I will also be changing some of the Naruto reality, so please don't mind me.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Sakura's POV

I sighed as I sat down on my couch, opening every presents that Konoha 11 gave to me for my birthday. Yup. Today is my birthday, March 28.

This is supposed to be a happy day for me, yet I feel down and empty. This has been happening to me since Sasuke-kun has left the village. I guess this is really affecting me, huh?

I continued to look through all of my presents, until I saw Ino's purple-neat-wrapped present. I opened the present and found a full set of nail paint. I rolled my eyes and was about to move on to another present, when I noticed a letter below the box of nail paint.

I took it curiously and started reading.

To my lovely besty Billboard Brow,

Hey! Happy b'day! I don't think that we had enough time together since you're still training with the Godaime. I heard from her that you already surpassed her in everything, except for the one thousand healing mark thingy. But still, sugoi! (I know that it took a longer for Sakura to surpass Tsunade in reality, but as I said, I am changing it.)

I chuckled at her opening. I could almost feel her energetic aura from the note.

Now I'm going to the topic. It has been two years....TWO years since Sasuke left, and you're still mourning over him. Don't you think that you should stop and move on? I did it too and look at me now! Sai-kun and I are dating!

So just do what I say and find another boy already. I know that this is hard for you but you at least have to try! I am saying this for your sake, and because I care for you.

And once more, happy birthday and be happy!

From Ino, your besty.

My lips curved upwards as I finish reading the letter. Ino-pig's right.....I should move on. It's pointless to love a guy anyway when you know he's definitely not loving you back....

I have gave him my whole heart, throwing away my whole pride just to confess to him, and look what he gave back to me! Nothing! Just pain, bitterness, humiliation!

He called me annoying, weak and a pathetic excuse of a kunoichi! So I trained so hard with Tsunade-shishou! You don't know how hard and exhausting it is! But now look at me! I surpassed my master by medic skills and strength! Heck! I even can summon Katsuyu, the slug! I only haven't master the one thousand healing mark. But still, I bet Sasuke is still saying those horrible words to me behind my back!

I admit it, when I was young, I was foolish and pathetic. I can't believe I like a person just because of his looks. I didn't even consider his cold attitude.

And Naruto....

My smile curved downwards into a frown when I remembered about Naruto.

He promised me that he will bring Sasuke-kun home for sure, and he's still doing that now, for me. He's not yet giving up even after multiple of failures. He's been suffering a lot. I can't help but to feel extremely guilty. I can't believe I even pushed him away during our genin days. I was truly too naive to notice his kindness towards me.

I lowered my head in shame as a tear dropped from my eye. I quickly wipe it away. No, I cannot cry.

I looked up and my eyes show determination.

Yes, I definitely will move on, for everyone's sake. I will no longer cry for that Uchiha traitor, I will no longer care for him, I will no longer bother to find him just to force him to go back to the village, I will no longer love him.

I hate you, Sasuke Uchiha. No longer shall I need to love you.