Chapter 1

A/N: This is NOT the sequel to 'We Are A Secret'. The plot and some characters are the same, but it's completely a different story. Enjoy!

Lauren was on her lunch break after the busy morning with multiple cases to solve, when she received a text from her wife at home.

C: Don't be mad...

L: What did you do?

C: Well you know how you said we could get a pet?

L: You got something that requires more attention than a fish didn't you-.-

C: But he's so cute and fluffy Laur! You'll love him.

L: What's a he?

C: This golden retriever puppy, and he kind of liked one of your slippers...

L: He's at home?!

C: Yes, want to see him?

L: Might as well.

C:

C: I haven't named him yet, I'm waiting for you to get home

L: Alright, fine. We can keep him.

C: I was going to keep him either way babe, see you tonight! I love you<3

L: I love you too.

Lauren chuckled at her wife's cuteness and reread the entire conversation, of course she was going to keep the animal even if she would've said no, but then again, the doctor wasn't going to deny her wife's wishes.

She was also glad that Camila had gotten her smiling because she hadn't this entire day.

"What's got you all smiley Lo? Wife sending pic after pic?" Dinah teased as she sat down next to her

"Of a puppy yes."

"You guys got a new puppy?!" The nurse asked excitingly. Lauren swore she still acted like she did back in high school.

"Apparently. Camila went to get him this morning."

"What's his name?"

"I don't know, she's waiting for me get home tonight."

"Aww how cute, I should tell Mani that we should get a pet."

"I think Lyla would love that idea."

"She totally would, she better not want a cat though because I hate cats."

"So do I. All they do is purr, meow, and leave hair everywhere"

"Agreed."