29. The gunshot

I'm exhausted due my internship. I couldn't concentrate very well. So I'm sorry for the delay and the short horrible written chapter. I tried my best.. xx

"John Watson. Pet of Sherlock Holmes." Jim said musingly, making circle movements with the gun on John's head. John squeezed his eyes shut, trying to control his breath. He wanted this to end, even Mycroft was taking care for this situation, there was still a gun pointing to his head. At any moment Jim could pull the trigger. He wished that whatever was happening, would just stop, so they could return back to bakerstreet.

"You're sick." Sherlock snapped, standing four footsteps away.

"Oh Sherlock." The gun was released from John's forehead and shoved up under his chin. Jim's grin widened as he met John's gaze. "Do you fear me, John?" He asked with joy in his voice.

John didn't move, nor did he blink. Jim pushed the gun in John's mouth, almost making him gag. His eyes moved off to the side, searching for Sherlock but Jim nudged his chin, forcing to meet his stare.

"There you are." Jim kept his eyes firmly on John.

"Sebastian is your brother?" Sherlock asked, trying to distract him. He discreetly took a step closer and luckily for him, Jim didn't notice it. ­Jim was too busy fixing his eyes on an anxious John who held his eyes closed tightly. Jim laughed dryly outstretching his free hand towards Sherlock, without looking away from John. Sherlock narrowed his eyes to his hand and found a fancy golden ring around Jim's ring finger. "Husband?" He blurted out. John slightly gasped, opening his eyes, looking even more anxious. Jim turned his head in Sherlock's direction with a look of hurt visible on his face.

"Yes. Why do you think I want to wipe John away from your life? If Seb was my brother, I would have killed yours" Jim pointed out in annoyance.

"You can have him." Sherlock sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sherlock" John muttered in a warning tone, knowing his brother might be overhearing them. Jim pointed the gun back to John's chest and pushed it against it, showing John that he need to shut up.

"I want your pet Sherlock. Your brother can be next, someday" He said with a smirk; lifting John's chin with the weapon. "I must admit, you found a good pet. Where did you find him?" He asked amusingly.

"I wonder how h-" He trailed off as his phone buzzed. He groaned and tugged it out of his pocket and answered it while pointing the gun to John's chest. He mouthed sorry towards Sherlock and Sherlock mouthed 'no problem' back. "Yes, I'm working on it" He said to the person on the phone with a low voice, clearly annoyed. While he was paying his attention on the phone, Sherlock and John didn't remove their eyes from each other.

Suddenly Sherlock's eyes flickered to something moving. He saw a glimpse of a cop in the corner of the park, behind the green bushes. His eyes widened and he had to find a way to distract Jim so he would look the other way. Sherlock shook his head and walked to the other side of John. Jim frowned, looking dubiously at Sherlock while he kept speaking to the man.

"Sherlock don't." John said with a trembled voice, afraid that Jim will pull the trigger.

Suddenly there was a gunshot. Birds were flying away from the noise. Everything happened so fast; Sherlock's heart dropped, he turned pale as he heard the shot. He opened his eyes, afraid to see John laying on the cold floor, blood emerging his body. But John was unharmed. What he thought was Jim's gun, wasn't. One of the police officers shot Jim in his arm, what made the gun fall down onto the floor. Police officers rushed towards him and pushed Jim on the floor. Both Sherlock and John were looking at the scene, frozen in place. Both forgetting that the other half of them was standing 3 foot away. It took both twenty seconds to realize it. They looked up in unison. Sherlock was the first one to take action. He rushed towards John and embraced him tightly.

"John I am so sorry." He apologized, his breathing loud and harsh.

"Sher-" John said as he snuggled on Sherlock's chest, holding Sherlock firmly against him.

"I'm sorry" Sherlock said, feeling guilty about what he caused. Without his stubbornness, this all wouldn't happened.

"Sherlock." John sighed on his chest.

"I'm so stupid." Sherlock kept saying apologizes and how ridiculous he was acting. He rested his chin on John's golden blond-grey hair and was rocking John in his arms. John slightly chuckled and he then sighed as Sherlock kept going.

"Sherlock It's okay." John said softly, looking up to meet the face he fell in love with.

"No it's not okay, John." He pointed out with his brows furrowed. "Just when everything was back to normal for you. I the one that helped you through it, disappointed you and made everything back to worse. I've said horrible things to you." He added as John pinched his own nose. "I am really sorry." John rolled his eyes and stood on his toes to reach Sherlock's lips. It was a gently kiss and John felt Sherlock relaxing through it.

"It's all fine." John assured and pulled Sherlock in a tight hug again. Afraid to lose him; "You're here now. And I never let you go."