24. Game

John moaned as he woke up the next morning. He opened his eyes to find it was dark, due the closed curtains. He turned around so he was facing Sherlock who was sleeping peacefully beside him. He removed some curls from Sherlock's forehead and shifted closer and gently pecked Sherlock's pale forehead. John looked down at him, his eyes twinkling from happiness. He then slowly, carefully removed the covers from him and stepped out, looking a last time at his Sherlock before vanishing the room; A smile plastered on his lips as he glanced at Sherlock. He then turned around, approaching the kitchen and turned on the kettle for tea.

John wanted to make an apple cake for Sherlock. So while waiting on the water to be boiled, he started to grab the material that he needed. Cooking apples, lemon, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, self-raising powder and Demerara sugar. If John didn't do the groceries last time, then he would have zero things to make the apple cake. But lucky, he did go to the store. When everything was laying on the counter, the kettle made a ping noise, meaning it's ready. John poured the water in the mug and put a teabag inside. He then started making the apple cake.

He heated the oven to 180C. And put Butter in a baking tin with parchment paper. He placed the butter, caster sugar, eggs, vanilla, apples, flour and baking powder into a large bowl and mixed it well until it was smooth. He spread half the mixture into the prepared tin, arranged half the apples over the top of the mixture, then he repeat the layers until the tin was full. He sprinkled the Demerara sugar over and put it inside the oven.

While waiting on the apple cake to be done, he decided to take a short shower. John took off his pajamas he was wearing and opened the glass-sliding door of the shower, turning the knob to the right so it can start getting warm. As he was waiting for the shower to get warm, he eased out of his yellow boxers and placed them over to the pile of clothes that he just took off. John walked over to the shower and used his fingers to test the water's temperature. He sighed in satisfaction when he stepped inside the now steamy shower.

He reached out to grab his shampoo. Or rather Sherlock's. He smiled to himself as he squeezed the bottle. Once he had the amount that he wanted on the palm of his hand, he used the other to rub the shampoo together before placing it into his hair. He scrubbed his scalp gently with his fingers. When he was done he took a step forwards so he stood in the centre of the spray. When he finished he shaved himself and put on fresh clothes.

He walked out of the bathroom, sniffing as the place filled with an apple cake scent. He walked to Sherlock's bedroom. Or well, their bedroom and peeked inside, looking if Sherlock was still asleep. And yes he was. John then strolled to the kitchen and grabbed the potholders out of a drawer and took the cake out of the oven, being careful that he didn't get the same accident like Sherlock had. John chuckled at the reminder of it. Idiot, he thought.

John placed it on the counter and started cutting slices. He jolted when he felt arms tightly surrounding his upper body.

"Good morning sheep." Sherlock said sleepily, resting his chin on John's shoulder. Sherlock was calling John a sheep, because John was wearing a white woolen jumper.

"Good morning." John replied, cutting a slice of the cake. Sherlock nuzzled deeper in John's neck, wanting John to turn around so he could kiss those soft lips, but John didn't get the sign, he kept cutting slices. Sherlock pursed his lips together and he then held John tighter, trailing soft kisses along John's jawline, sliding his hand under John's jumper, touching the skin of his belly. John knew exactly that Sherlock was trying to receive a kiss. John just kept going, loving the way Sherlock was clinging on him. Sherlock suddenly huffed and walked away, flopping down onto the sofa. John silently chuckled, placing some slices on a plate. He also turned on the coffee machine for Sherlock. When John turned around, his jaw dropped, his eyes widened and his heart skipped a beat when he saw Sherlock laying outstretched on the sofa, without clothes on his upper body. Sherlock removed his shirt, especially to teas with John.

"Sherlock?" John asked as he walked over to him. "What are you doing?" He added, placing the apple cake and coffee on the little table in front of the sofa. John tried to look away, trying to focus on everything except Sherlock. Sherlock's nude upper body made it harder than expected. Why did he start this little teasing game? Sherlock trailed his tongue across his bottom lip, wetting it, with an unreadable expression on his face.

"What did you say?" He asked innocently.

"Why did you remove your shirt?"

"What for stupid question is that. Am I not allowed to remove my shirt?" He said teasingly and Sherlock pushed himself up from the sofa, standing tall. He stretched his arms out above his head, locking his fingers. He squinted his eyes shut and hollowed out his back and let out a moan before releasing his arms to the side again. Sherlock smirked as he noticed the way John was staring at him. He bend down, grabbing the mug in his hands and sipped it. After that he took a bite of the apple cake and sat down again.
Meanwhile John settled him down in the armchair, grabbing the newspaper, searching for a distraction.

Suddenly, Sherlock was moaning while he was eating the apple cake, licking his fingers, swiveling his tongue around it. John frowned deeply.

"You are such a dick." John mumbled quietly.

"Why?" Sherlock asked innocently. John just murmured something unclearly, looking like a hurt puppy. At this Sherlock gave in. Not only for John, but also for himself. He just needed those lips. He leapt out of the sofa and jumped on John's lap.

"Sherlo-

Sherlock cut him off by slamming his lips against John's in a harsh manner. John's lips ached, they were sure to be bruised. Sherlock deepened the kiss, their tongues fighting for dominance.

"Don't ever make me do this again." Sherlock said through the kiss, breathlessly.