Chapter 26: Happy birthday Austin.

~Meet Me under the Stars~

~Chapter 26~

~Desiree’s P.O.V~

“Austin, come down the stars for a minute” I called up into our room to the freshly just waking up Austin. I had work for an hour so I think it was best to give him his birthday present now and the rest later.

Austin walked down the stairs wearing his PJ’s and his hair all messy, “why do you have to work?” he pouted at me.

I chuckled “because I need to and open your present” I smiled handing him a box. Austin sat on the sofa and opened the freshly wrapped gift to reveal the new Slipknot top I had got him.

“Aw I love it!” he cooed while hugging me.

A smile went on my face “I’m glad, now do me a favour and start setting up some stuff for the party tonight? I will finish it when I get back” I said kissing his head “right, see you later” I waved.

Walking to work I sat there feeling the boredom starting to hit. “Why good mornings miss Jones” my boss joked as she walked in.

“Morning Kim” I said looking up at her.

She sat down on the counter “so what are you up to today?” she asked while sorting out some tops.

I stood up and cleaned off a few tables where the new t-shirts were going to go, “well it’s Austin’s birthday today and we are having a party tonight if you want to come by?” I said.

Kim chuckled “nah kiddo, I am a bit old for parties but tell him I say happy birthday for me?” she asked.

“Of course, so what’s going on with this place?” I asked noticing it seemed emptier.

She sighed “well we aren’t making enough money so they want to close us down if we aren’t making enough money” she seemed hurt by that.

“They can’t do that! This place was your dream! Kim they can’t do that!” I yelled.

Kim sighed “yeah I know, but not all dreams come true kiddo.”

“Don’t say that!”

After work a very long hour, I finally headed home and started setting up for the party whilst Austin was in the shower. I set up the table with the drinks and the food. I heard the shower turn off and the door open as Austin came down wearing skinny jeans and the slipknot top I had gotten him. “How do I look?” he asked me nicely.

I smiled “you look amazing!” I said “now, the people will be here in a few minutes so I am going to go get out of work clothes. Alan should be here first as he needs to feed Ivy” Austin nodded and I jogged up the stairs going into mine and Austin’s room and changing into skinny jeans and a black V-neck top.

Once I walked down stairs I saw Alan holding Ivy and Jordan speaking to Austin out on the porch “hey” Alan smiled at me “Austin had to as her something so they went out there” he said. Alan wore skinny jeans a white top with black tie and he put his beanie on Ivy who was wearing a little lady bug dress.

“Okay, so is Sam coming tonight?” I asked. I haven’t spoken to him in ages and I mean ages.

“Oh, I don’t know he hasn’t replied to my text I sent three weeks ago” Alan said. It’s been nearly 7 weeks since Alan and Jordan got married and I haven’t spoken to Sam since then.

I sat down and people started coming in “wow so my own brother is being a dick” I groaned. I felt hands on my shoulder giving me a fright; I looked up to see Austin smiling down on me.

He sat beside me and Alan passed Ivy over “hey there Ivy” Austin chuckled as I held her.

“Ivy, can you say happy birthday Uncle Austin? Can you say that?-“ I faced her towards Austin and hid behind her “happy birthday Uncle Austin” I said pretending to be her. Everyone got a chuckle out of it and I had Ivy sat on my lap as she made her little noises.

People were speaking to Austin and to one another, the house was full now and everyone looked like they were having fun. I got up with Ivy walking over to Austin, Alan and Jordan “oh no” Alan said looking past me. I turned my head and saw who he was looking at.

Sam.

Lydia was holding Jake but there stood my brother who had no dignity to even phone or text me, “Alan hold Ivy” I said handing his daughter back to him; I walked to Sam and crossed my arms “look who showed up.”

Lydia smiled “oh look who it is” she said.

I rolled my eyes “Lydia, could you excuse me and Sam” I hissed dragging Sam “seriously wow okay thanks for the notice, Sam”

“What are you talking about?” he chuckled.

“What am I talking about? What I talking about. Sam you haven’t spoken to me since our cousins wedding, what the hell was with that like thanks a lot you know I am your little sister can’t just leave me when stuff goes on or If you’re leaving then just let me know so I am not worrying. But no seven weeks gone by and now you come to my boyfriend’s party still with no reply I can’t believe you” I whispered out at him feeling a lot better.

Sam nodded “I’m sorry Desiree, just a lot has been going on and when I do go to reply to you, something comes up. I wanted to see you but just so much has happened.”

I nodded “that’s all I wanted to know, Sam, look let’s enjoy this party and I am just glad you guys could make it” I said.

We walked back to the group and Alan was dancing with Ivy. “Ivy, look at daddy” he chuckled and she faced him giggling and grabbing his nose.

“Ivy is that daddy’s nose?” Jordan giggled.

Alan swayed her and she giggled “Ivy look at dad” Alan smiled.

“Daddy” Ivy said.

We all stood there and smiled “Ivy! You said your first word!” I said pinching her cheek nicely.

Alan’s eyes filled up “ah man, she’s growing up” he chuckled.

“Daddy” Ivy said again.

“Yes that’s daddy” Tino pointed at Alan as she grabbed Alan’s hair and screamed at Phil. This means she just wants to be held by him now.

Alan passed Ivy to Phil and I walked off with Austin, “aw that is so cute” I said.

“Yeah, It really is” Austin agreed.

“Well, happy birthday” I said kissing him.

Once the party was over I walked to the kitchen smiling as tonight was fun “I think this went well, we should have a party more often” Tino laughed as he helped Austin, Aaron, Phil and I clean up.

“I agree, I mean I got to smash my bass into a piñata I mean who couldn’t love that” Aaron said as he put a plate away.

Phil looked at Austin “so did you like your party? She planned it all by herself” he smiled “just like a big girl.”

“Hey!” I laughed.

Austin chuckled “yes, I really liked it. Thank you.”

“Aw happy birthday honey” I smiled kissing him.

“Ew love shit” Tino said leaning past us getting the cleaning stuff.

This was a good day.